Reptile Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am purely dreaming here but does anyone know where to get these from? I havent seen one for ages! I know they are in a lot of trouble but surely they are bred somewhere.... do they ever turn up in hamm? I would love to shell out on a pair if possible as im sure not enough people breed them here

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really! I would really like some and I plan to go to hamm, how much have you seen them there for?

·
Registered
71,221 Posts
i've wanted a pair for some time...i'll have to catch my own i guess. they are about $1,000 bucks a pop here give or take. some members here have them...awesome , awesome animals!!! i've worked with them...i can't even say how nice they are...at least the ones bob had...you'll be getting some posts on them.

·
Registered
178 Posts
There was none in Hamm, myself and a mate hunted for hours!!! couldnt find one.

Someone here i know has two and they are stunning snakes, very strong!!! beautiful to watch!!!

Good luck finding some :)

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats quite expensive but im sure they are worth it... I look forward to bobs posts....

Heres a big boy.

Are they related closely to kings by any chance?

·
Registered
71,221 Posts
From the last words at the bottom of that link - am I to understand that it's the males that are bigger in this species?

Also I've seen their method of killing prey as "overpowering" and that they are not constrictors nor venomous. How does that work? Smothering? Smashing the prey item around a bit????
they are basicly over grown racers. they either swallow their prey live or pin it. about the most brutal method of aquireing food. indigoes are seriously intellegent and mellow unlike racers. they just grab and eat stuff. it pays to be large when you are in that business.

·
Premium Member
13,877 Posts
Thanks for that. It does sound a bit brutal! One day I'll stumble across them for sale again hopefully. Over the years I've managed to aquire all the other species I couldn't find. As the saying goes "everything comes to he who waits".

·
Registered
71,221 Posts
Thanks for that. It does sound a bit brutal! One day I'll stumble across them for sale again hopefully. Over the years I've managed to aquire all the other species I couldn't find. As the saying goes "everything comes to he who waits".
they are so worth it. i mean a picture never does them justice. the first thing i got smitten by was those BIG scales..and how gentle they are. a natural treasure if you ask me. i'll have one or two one day. i was lucky to take care of bob's. that's all it took for me. some may not like them but they push all my buttons...like a colubrid python!!!:rotfl:

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cheers for the care sheet HABU! They are definatly worthy of natural tresure status just a shame this has coused them such a decline. Sorry to bring it down a peg but I am conservationist at heart and so I would only have a cb animal unless i could be sure of a breeding success. I have only ever seen two myself one was gun metal blue possibly a selectivly bred or genetic trait and another big monster which was black as oil. Probably two of the most impressive snakes I have ever come across!! Unfortunatly neither of them where for sale :bash:

Come on bob..:2thumb:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts