Reptile Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i was just wondering if there was any snakes that didnt eat mice/rats etc i have heard bout some sausage things but dont no buch about its just my mum ent to keen on mice/rats etc thx

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Rough green snakes eat crickets, etc.

Garter snakes can live on fish and earthworms - but the fish would ideally have to be live/fresh as frozen fish can cause vitamin deficiencies, and they wouldn't do too well on worms alone.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
i would say the mice and rats are better for them because they are a natural food source for snakes,and you dont really know whats in those sausage things and weather they might need suplements to go with them because they might not have all the nutrients and vitamins in them,as mice and rats do have those anyway.i would stick to mice and rats to be safe

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kk dnt think it would be as bad with fish shes just not keen on rats/mice dunno y

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Just get a rodent eating snake, and keep the mice in a box marked "Fish" at the bottom of the freezer - as long as she doesn't see you feeding it she'll never know :wink:

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
i reckon if mice are a real no no. rough green snakes would be fascinating. they are incredibly stealthy predators and sway as if to mimic a branch blowing in the wind.
i'd get them myself but i can't stand horrible things like crickets and meal worms

·
Registered
126 Posts
What about egg eating snakes?? You could even get your mum to buy the quail eggs for you!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts