Reptile Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
17,332 Posts
You know..is it even legal to sell a spider that can potentially kill you?...and..its at 99p and £3 postage..death in a box all for £4!!!!

Whys the Ornamental called a toy spider then?..is it a nick name for this species..or...just the way the bidder hopes he/she will sell it???

E-bay...the stuff your worst nightmares are made off ;-(

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
So much for them not selling anything live including plants. I would have reported the sellers to ebay, there's even a ban on selling animal parts such as trophies & fur coats - even leather/suede shoes!

·
Registered
19,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You know..is it even legal to sell a spider that can potentially kill you?...and..its at 99p and £3 postage..death in a box all for £4!!!!

Whys the Ornamental called a toy spider then?..is it a nick name for this species..or...just the way the bidder hopes he/she will sell it???

E-bay...the stuff your worst nightmares are made off ;-(
It wont kill you thats the thing lol.

They are trying to get around the rules but at the same time being very irresponsible

Expensive for a toy spider????

Looks like they are trying to pull a fast one to me.
Yup thats the impression i got too

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
You know..is it even legal to sell a spider that can potentially kill you?(

How to TSS, BugzUK & pet shops get away with it then? If its illegal to sell them, they wouldn't even be in the hobby.

Also, no one has died from a tarantula bite alone - there has ALWAYS been another reason i.e. simple allergy to the venom, secondary infection from bite, shock, etc.

·
Registered
19,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
How to TSS, BugzUK & pet shops get away with it then? If its illegal to sell them, they wouldn't even be in the hobby.

Also, no one has died from a tarantula bite alone - there has ALWAYS been another reason i.e. simple allergy to the venom, secondary infection from bite, shock, etc.
They arent tarantulas lol. They are a timid spider that tends to run away and looks evil like. They tend to only bite if you corner them and then its no worse than an ant bite lol. I have them wandering around my house and its not like i would put my kids at risk for the sake of it.

·
Registered
13,232 Posts
I've got 100s of these around the place as well as the damn S. florentina. I wish somebody would come and take them away!

·
Premium Member
7,237 Posts
More importantly, it has a bid. Go to your shed and find your own man!
Yep, I'm amazed people buy these things. I need to start collecting more living things, who needs research grants when people will buy stuff literally found on their doorstep...

·
Registered
3,936 Posts

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
But someone could be that stupid to buy it as a toy and have a shock when an angry P.regalis jumps out lol
And another thing a "toy" doesnt need to be sent special delivery for a fiver now does it :censor:

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.