Reptile Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its been a while since ive put sum pix of my beautiful tokay up so heres for all the tokay fanatics. and every1 else really :lol2:

·
Banned
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea she certainly is. i love her to bits :flrt:

i think she must have been peckish tho coz as soon as i put her back in the viv she was straight back on the cricket hunt.

and heres were she lives. could only get a good pic with the camera sideways so u'll all have to tilt ur heads :lol2:

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Nice viv :2thumb:

May I ask, day to day, where is she during day light hours? Does she hide away, or is she bold? Mine seems to love basking/sitting at the front watching me :lol2:

·
Banned
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
shes usually always in a different place everytime i look.
i think its dependant on wot mood shes in to be honest. if shes had a good feed through the night she'll usuall just find a dark quiet place and chill out for a while with a satisfied look on her face. if shes not had much luck on the night hunt she will continue stalking them around the viv all day lol. i dont often see her under the basking spot for long periods of time. usually early morning or late evening.

·
Banned
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i should mention that i have 2 heatmats working the viv aswell. 1 under the substrate down the right half and 1 on the outside of the right wall (inbetween my tokay and snake vivs) so she has plenty of opportunity to keep warm while she roams about the viv.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Ah right, I just have the basking bulb for heat, but he seems content when he doesnt bask to just sit out in the open. I need to get round to getting him out again, its just trying to find the time, I shall attempt to do it at some point.

·
Banned
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah right, I just have the basking bulb for heat, but he seems content when he doesnt bask to just sit out in the open. I need to get round to getting him out again, its just trying to find the time, I shall attempt to do it at some point.
even 10 mins per day will start to build up his confidence and make him feel more comfertable with u. i took me a good 6 months spending at least half an hour per day with ecko to get her so calm. she was just like any other tokay wen i got her. full of bounce shall we say........:lol2:
but now she honestly couldnt care less wether she's in the viv or sat on me chilling out. infact i think sumtimes she prefers to get a bit of attention and go fow a wonder round the great outdoors : victory:

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
even 10 mins per day will start to build up his confidence and make him feel more comfertable with u. i took me a good 6 months spending at least half an hour per day with ecko to get her so calm. she was just like any other tokay wen i got her. full of bounce shall we say........:lol2:
but now she honestly couldnt care less wether she's in the viv or sat on me chilling out. infact i think sumtimes she prefers to get a bit of attention and go fow a wonder round the great outdoors : victory:
Hes pretty chilled actually, previous unknown to me seems to have tamed him. Its just getting the time to actually get him out. Once my exams etc are out of the way he will be coming out much more often : victory:

·
Premium Member
5,837 Posts
Oh Ecko is just gorgeous! She looks lovely and sturdy, nice and pale, and nice and calm!

Lovely pictures :)

·
Banned
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh Ecko is just gorgeous! She looks lovely and sturdy, nice and pale, and nice and calm!

Lovely pictures :)
i luvs her to bits and have spent a lot of time with her so she's quite happy to come out for a bit of exploration these days. she's usually a slightly darker colour wen she's in the viv but wen she comes out she seems to brighten up a beautiful blue within a few minutes. :flrt:

thanks for the nice comments every1:no1:

·
Banned
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lovely gecko and viv!

I'm planning on getting a Tokay at Hamm this year - what night time temp do you have and how do you maintain it?
nightime temps usually drop to about 68-75*F maintained by a heatmat under the substrate and in winter i use a 2nd heatmat stuck to the outside wall of the viv. it gets pretty cold in my house in winter so u may find that u only need to use 1. or even none depending on ur room temps.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.