Reptile Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've put a deposite down on an egg eating snake - it was there and i just had to.
i've been looking into getting a suply of firtilised eggs (more nutrisionally benifitial) and i've only been able to secure one supplier but i'd feel a hell of a lot better with two or three back ups.

anyone know of a good supplier of eggs - must be free range ;)

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
have an ask around locally see if anyone breeds quail? also there are a lot of people advertise fertile eggs on ebay..
Owen

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
apparently it hates quail eggs - pigeon eggs it likes and bidgie eggs - i've secured a year round supply of the budgie eggs and then i ran out of people to ask.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
buy a small group of some kinf of finch or something.

Just research egg sizes and ease of keeping and frequency of laying.

Oh and if you ever consider breeding them..but a CF youngster first, syringe feeding hatchlings egg yolk is a pain in the ass :)

·
Registered
9,462 Posts
Buy some finches/budgies an breed your own, I have always found people are great when they have a lot of eggs spare, if they have a couple of bad weeks they will hold the eggs back an your snake doesn't get anythin, best way is to be self reliant :)

What sub sp are you getting?

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
buy a small group of some kinf of finch or something.

Just research egg sizes and ease of keeping and frequency of laying.

Oh and if you ever consider breeding them..but a CF youngster first, syringe feeding hatchlings egg yolk is a pain in the ass :)
i need to sex the one i've got and i think i'll be in for a long wait before i can get a mate for it.

i bet the syringe feeding is a killer :(

i wish i could breed the birds but the council rules say it's a no go.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Buy some finches/budgies an breed your own, I have always found people are great when they have a lot of eggs spare, if they have a couple of bad weeks they will hold the eggs back an your snake doesn't get anythin, best way is to be self reliant :)

What sub sp are you getting?

Dasypeltis scabra

this isn't a pic of the snake that i'm getting - mines better :D

·
Registered
385 Posts
where did you find your egg eater i was looking for one for ages, with no luck. hope you enjoy it

·
Registered
667 Posts
hiya mate,

people are always advertising fertile eggs for incubating on ebay

cheers
mark : victory:

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
where did you find your egg eater i was looking for one for ages, with no luck. hope you enjoy it
There is a shipment due now . A shop near me in Harrow was expecting to get 8 of them in this week but D. Scabra - when I am looking for a male D. Atra for my CB girl. Typical !

Mark

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I've put a deposite down on an egg eating snake - it was there and i just had to.
i've been looking into getting a suply of firtilised eggs (more nutrisionally benifitial) and i've only been able to secure one supplier but i'd feel a hell of a lot better with two or three back ups.

anyone know of a good supplier of eggs - must be free range ;)
If you can't get fertilised eggs add Biotin tablets to the water to make up for the deficiencies. You can get Biotin in most health food places.

Mark

1 - 14 of 14 Posts