1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone keep these?
what are the temperemants like?
are they easy to keep?
Know any good breeders in south of england?
cheers, chris.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I'm hoping to get one soon local pet shop is trying to get one but nothing is certain

·
Registered
84 Posts
Egg eater was my first ever WC snake back in South Afica. Was kinda a rescue thing He'd gotten trapped in a closing door and broke his back. He recovered with a kink.

I found to begin with it was a battle to feed him. In the end I was syringing egg into him just to keep him going. He did get over it all and started eating by himself.

Temperment with him was odd. He would strike out pretty often to begin with but never actually making contact. They dont want you to know that they have no teeth worth mentioning. He would also work his body around and around in a circle making a loud rasping sound again to scare me off.

He did come around and was a pretty decent snake. Oh and he was WC.

Hope that helps at all.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
I think dandydi on here has one or more of these.
I think she got it/them direct from a breeder so she might be able to help

John

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
great video.
thansk for the help everyone.
anyone have any ideas on housing requirements?
temps?
humidity?
diet? :lol:
thanks, chris.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks everyone for your help the only question i haven't found out on various caresheets is the vivarium size requirements, can anyone help me with this?
also does anyone no of any problems apart from parasites that can be common in WC specimens as they seem to be the only ones i can find.
thanks.

·
Banned
290 Posts
a viv that the snake fits inside :wink:

·
Registered
632 Posts
i know what you mean... i wanted an egg eater, but all i could find was WC, so am not happy to do it! one of the posts up the way said someone may know a breeder?? that sounds like the best idea!! (might try contacting them myself!)

I've also heard that maintaining their habitat is difficult??

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
I only know of one person that owns egg eaters, they arent large snakes and she kept hers in a 3ft tall x 2ft wide viv. She split it into 2 sections and joined the 2 areas with a ramp. It seemed to like to climb from one level to the other and she fed it in the top section out of a false nest.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts