Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

i regularly check my leopard geckos fr health, marks , and i weight them every week. I hae had my mail in with ym girls for about 2/3 weeks now, havent really noticed and gecko loving going on. But when i checked this morning, (Weighting Day) i noticed two of my girls have got white cirles inside them, but one areas are evry visible and are not the size of a full grwn egg, they are situated 2/3rds of the way down from their head, one white bit is large than the other geckos. They are both first timers, and in fact so am i.

I have my viv substarte as 3/4's slate and 1/4 play sand, never had a problem with the sand, and i feed my geckos on the slate area, so i can not see why they wuld try and eat sand for the sack of it.

Any body got any ideas?? i have seen a picture of a full grown egg inside agecko but i cant realy compare that to this.

Help would be great

J

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
leos eggs appear near their stomach. if you look from underneath they look like white outlines either side of a 'middle' line...sometimes there may be only one...sounds like eggs to me though...

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
awsome, im well excited now, i could be looking after two eggs of my eggs, will be my first time. looking forward to it.

Cheers

J

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i didn't say the other day about this because i thought was just natural but i noticed a circle dug out of my moist box, i replaced the moist just to see it would happen again and it has in the same space, another circle in the moist.

SAounds like a nest to me???

J

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
could well be...they naturally seek out a humid and warm area to lay their eggs and often shedding boxes are prime for this..leos create a depression and lay in that, sometimes they cover the eggs with the moss..
hope you have an incubator ready!?

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
wow im so excited for you!i wish that could happen to me.mine seem to be alway geting it on but never seem to have any eggs from them lol hears hoping.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts