Reptile Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to work at 6:30 this morning and had a phone call 30 minutes after I arrived from the girlfriend saying that our paterness albino girl was laying her first eggs right in front of her, iv been wanting to see that for the last 2 years and the one morning my girlfriend goes in to our reptile room she witness it. I couldn't believe it, she's filmed her laying the last egg so hopefully when I get back tonight il put it on YouTube and add the link here. Any body else witnessed first hand egg laying?

·
Registered
9,392 Posts
grats on the eggs : victory:
Any body else witnessed first hand egg laying?
*nods* yep ~ during the season I'll quite often get 'lost' in the rep-room watching eggs being laid or hatchlings hatching :D

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Iv always wanted to see a gecko hatching but my timings always crap and I'm always there just after.

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
yeah saw the one girl lay, sunglow female. was on the phone chatting while doing daily cleans and water changes, her rub was on the table as i was doing her. my friend asked if i'd got any due, and the words out of my mouth were "yeah, got one girl about to pop any miniute" and as i finished my sentence she popped out the first one, and i started jumping around like a lunatic. it was amazing, and odd how soft they are, i kept panicking that she was going to damage them with her claws as they were like half full water ballons for consistency and she was treading all over them.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah my hypo male sid is a right little worker as soon as a female touches the floor to his viv he pops out of his hid like a meer kat and runs over to mate within 2minutes of the female being in the cage. Poor girl... But I'm sure she loves the attention:flrt:

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Last night I was telling some friends that one of my girls was due to lay again any day now, I went to the door to show them out and when i came back there was 2 eggs sitting there in her laying box. Bloomin timing!! If I'd have waited literally 2 minutes more!!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
i was just about to walk out the door at 03.30 to drive to hawich ferry port for 09.00 as i was foing to hamm on friday ;ast week and there was my cresty female in the middle of laying her eggs buried up to her nick in the earth....was wondering for days when she would lay as she was roming around and digging everything up and she chose her moment...had to leave my mother with the eggs..they are n ow incubating..

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well my geckos I'm sure sit there waiting till i've gone and lay as quick as possible because wen theyv laid I know because they make a right mess with the vermiculite and moss and then try to tidy up after themselves, but they walk around all innocent whistling to themselves like they haven't done anything. But when I take the eggs out I feel so bad because the mum goes looking everywhere for them and she gives me the puppy dog look when she relises iv taken them. :sad:

·
Premium Member
14,592 Posts
Yeah I hate it when they do that GeckoTim!! I have had female leos lying in the wetbox on top of the eggs and refusing to come out or let any other leos in and I have to chuck them out and get the eggs. When I put the wet box back, they look for them and give me a real sad face and I feel so bad! But I know the eggs won't hatch if they are left there and food usually cheers the females up!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts