Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im about to attempt to do a whole custom vivarium for one of our bearded dragons, this is my first attempt so it may be a bit too much for my first project but we will see, as any one got hints tips ideas would be great. Will upload pics as soon as soon progress happens. wish me luck

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
All i can think of is to look at youtube, amazing custom vivs, most get to see from scratch, and those that post those videos are usually more than happy to answer any questions, sadly i have zero artistic/building ability!

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
think about a center piece of the enclosure, perhaps a stone statue of a Sphynx, mummy, tomb or something (check graden section on Ebay), add a substrate for the color you want, maybe some (reptile safe) succulents (more importantly one that is safe for an omnivore like a beardie, who may try eating them), maybe get a couple of sand stone bricks to create a fake pyramid ruin and a hide...add other stuff...done :)

btw Beardies are from Australia...not Egypt, incase that was your thinking :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Take your time,

Plan it, no matter how crappy you may think your art skills are you will have fun drawing what you want to produce

Don't be afraid to make mistakes, the materials tend to be cheap i.e. polystyrene and grout and aquatic sealant and paint.

Watch Youtube videos - Beckys Backgrounds etc

google is your friend

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.