Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well our filter is on its last legs.. started getting very noisy last night and we've not been able to quieten it down, although it is still pumping water around okay..

So time to bit the bullet and get an Eheim sorted..

Had a quick nosey on eBay last night and found this:
EHEIM CLASSIC 2215 PLUS EXTERNAL POWER FILTER + MEDIA | eBay

And then had a look on ZooPlus and they have the non Plus version - no taps or media, but its £25 cheaper with the lovely discount you get.

So.. to all the experts out there, am I better getting the version from Zooplus and adding the extra bits myself or shall I just be lazy and get the one from eBay. Annoyed with myself as spotted it on Amazon last week for £50 and umm'd and aah'd a little too long and missed out :(

I'm far from knowledgeable on these things, the man of the house knows more about this stuff, but he's away all week and its my job to get one sorted so he can fit it at the weekend!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
See this is where my lack of knowledge kicks in.. do I actually need the taps, what do they do?! I'm sure the one we have now has got taps?!

I did spot that one on Amazon and was sorely tempted at the price..

·
Administrator
17,075 Posts
Agree with all the above - Amazon are the best value and you don't need taps. Alfagrog is also the best media we have used which you can buy at fish shops/garden centres. As its in a large sack you don't want to order online! If you put up a Wanted Ad you may find someone has some spare. We don't though!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Perfect.. thanks guys, saved myself even more cash!!

I had spotted the info about Alfagrog and nearly died when I saw how much it was online.. we've got a couple of fish shops near us so I'll pop in there at the weekend and see what we can find :)

·
Administrator
17,075 Posts
We bought ours elsewhere and it came with the blue ones you have linked to, although only one and also a white one, which you can buy as filter floss.

I thought it would all be together but maybe ask Tom (Zekee) what he got with his. I guess to be on the safe side you could buy them anyway and then you've got them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys.. ordered the one from Amazon last night :) That'll give the boy something to do this weekend!!

We also have some Alfagrog in the shed.. as soon as I mentioned it he knew what I was on about, apparently our koi pond has that in the filter.. bonus :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.