Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a question a while ago about ekkos weight n posted pics jus took some more yesterday!i havnt weighed her again yet but do u guys think she looks beta or healthier?
This is her b4

This is her now

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers she gets black crix with waxworms n locust wen i can afford em gonna get her some pinkies soon 2 c if she likes em!She was bit small wen i 1st got her but she feels loads heavier now n has grown n inch n a half n has started sheddin every 2 wks shes growin so much!

·
Registered
64 Posts
ive heard about these pinkies but mine is only 4 motnhs old so i think george it too yound yet with it bein a lep gecko

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah u wanna wait till george is ova a year b4 feedin pinkies n only 1 a mnth or every 6mnths!
Cheers mez wen i got her she weighed 30g so posted pics n got a load o gr8 advice on how 2 get a bit o weight on her as few ppl on her sed that she was bit small 4 her age so thot id post some update pics o her!

·
Registered
64 Posts
yeah i dont think i will be feeding him pinkies lol, only got him on sunday and he only eat his first cric with me last nyt, just took a while for him to start feeding i surpose he was settlering in, just hope he starts to eat prop now

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
yeah u wanna wait till george is ova a year b4 feedin pinkies n only 1 a mnth or every 6mnths!
Cheers mez wen i got her she weighed 30g so posted pics n got a load o gr8 advice on how 2 get a bit o weight on her as few ppl on her sed that she was bit small 4 her age so thot id post some update pics o her!
tbh i have stopped weighin mine and going by weights, as i go by how they look, weighing them is so pointless, i have a female who just looking at is blatently overweight, yet she only weighs 58g (i dont know how some peep get theirs up to 70g, i think she would explode if she put that much on lol)

i also have one who has a small regen tail, which means she only weighs 36g, but she more than healthy its just not possible for her to store much more weight, if she puts any more on will be overweight. their all diff is the thing, and you can cleary see when they are underweight or overweight.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers Yeah got told not 2 get 2 hooked up on wat they weigh im only gonna weigh her once or twice a yr jus 2 c how shes doin i only did it in 1st place coz i had seen loadsa pics o other ppls leos on here n th caresheets n books id read all sed that round bout 50g is th ideal n she looked skinny compared 2 th pics id seen n was worried bout her i now feed her 6 nites a wk she doesnt always take th food but i offer her it nyway th lst owners fed her 6-8 crix every 2-3 nites n she only had a bulb on her 4 heat!

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
i remeber reading that the tails should be around the same size as their neck, and if you look at the pics, her tail is the same size as her nck, so i'd say she look fine to me

1 - 11 of 11 Posts