Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked this pair up yesterday from JC Exotics in Lincoln (cheers Jim and Graz!)

First up is the female.
These are from when i got home - the 9L RUB isn't it's home - it was just while i put some holes in a 64L RUB for their temp home.

Now the male.

Real happy with them both, they're both around 2 or 2 and a half years old (can't remember already!) and about 2ft long. :flrt:

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And this morning, i had bought some new decor for them, plants, a new hide (was using cork bark) and a nice water bowl for them. Was minimum disturbance, and left them alone since putting it all in there.

Both huddled together (was under the hide)

This is the females head

Female on the left, male on the right.

Female on the top right, male on the bottom.

:2thumb:

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
very nice boas mate!

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They are housed together still (as they were in the shop) but will be sorting something out soon (i'm buying 3 vivs shortly) 1 for each of these, and another for..something else in mind : victory:

I worried about that same thing.

Also, thank you :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
lovely boas, look great to, Definitely one of my favourite snakes and the best tempramant of any Boa I have kept ,my girl is now on her way to a new home:( although I know she will be looked after and cared for well was sad to see her go. good luck with these 2 though. :blowup:

·
Registered
582 Posts
Beautiful snakes you have there. I always wanted a boa and I just got a nicaraguan boa. The el salvadors look amazing similar to her which isn't surprising considering the geography of the region. It was kind of a spur of the moment buy. It was offered to me at a really low price and she was so sweet in attitude that I just took her home with me.

·
Registered
582 Posts
What a lovely looking specimen... you must be very proud:flrt:
how big do these guys get? Just wandering lol dont want one aha.
El Salvador's are considered "dwarf" in size. Usually they will stay under 6 feet. But there are always exceptions. I have a Nicaraguan boa and they get to similar sizes. She is 1.5 years old and only about 3 feet.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
El Salvador's are considered "dwarf" in size. Usually they will stay under 6 feet. But there are always exceptions. I have a Nicaraguan boa and they get to similar sizes. She is 1.5 years old and only about 3.5 feet.
^^^ this

These are literally just over 2 foot, - probably 2' 1" or so, and they are 2 and a half years old.

Should stay nice and small for me. : victory:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Nice El'Salvador's you have there, especially loving the female :2thumb:

·
Registered
13,987 Posts
its nice to see REAL El Salvadors
dont worry if they dont feed every time
true dwarfs wont always feed like normal boas

ian

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks everyone, and i love them Graz, they're always out in their RUB mooching about, scaling the walls. I see them more than i see any of my other snakes.

Will be feeding them in a few days (wednesday's feeding night here, so will probably be wednesday)

Not sure wether or not to give them a weaner rat or a large mouse - does it matter with boa's what you give them? i have plenty of both prey sizes.

The females my favourite aswel :flrt:

·
Registered
17,669 Posts
El Salvador's are considered "dwarf" in size. Usually they will stay under 6 feet. But there are always exceptions. I have a Nicaraguan boa and they get to similar sizes. She is 1.5 years old and only about 3 feet.

oh nice : victory:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.