Reptile Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure what else to call it, but my bearded dragon who is around 10 years old now, is lazy. For the past 6 months she's decided to eat only once a week, or even every other week. She sits in the sun, and then crawls off and curls up to sleep until the next day.

She doesn't live in a cage because she is even worse when she does, we have a 50+ gallon terrarium that we tried to keep her in but most of the time she didn't even want to come out to sun. I've had her since she was barely a few weeks old, she's had a healthy life minus the chew marks her siblings gave her tail.

Does anyone have a good way to get her to eat more often? Or just liven her up a bit?

I feed home raised mealworms and kale and throw in other stuff like bananas and apples.

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
It's quite possibly age just catching up with her.

When you say she sits in the sun, is this indoors or outdoors? What temperatures does she have access to? Does she have access to plenty of water or somewhere humid?

Have you offered any other food? Something that moves a lot more than mealworms to gauge her interest (roaches, locusts or crickets)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts