Reptile Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI DOES ANY ONE KNOW CAN YOU PUT A ELECTRIC BLUE GECKO IN WITH NORMAL GECKOS OUR DO THEY HAVE TO HAVE DIFFERENT ENVIRONMENT'S PLEASE HELP TO SETTLE A DISAGREEMENT:bash:

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
Do you bean and electic blue gecko as in lygodactylus willmisii and a leopard gecko??

If so that answer is no as the former is a tropical gecko and the latter a desert. In fact i can't think of any gecko that could be kept witl L.willimisi, they are a very delicate and lovly gecko. But not for first time keepers and are very fragile.

Jay

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
if they are about the same size then there should be no problem ive never seen a electric blue leo any pics ?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THANK YOU JAY YOU HAVE JUST ANSWERED THE RIGHT QUESTION AND MADE MY DAY AS MY M8 THINKS YOU CAN I HE WOULD NOT HAVE IT THANK YOU THANK YOU :2thumb::2thumb::2thumb::2thumb::2thumb::2thumb:

·
Registered
22,890 Posts
They are leopard geckos and they are female
Well, a "normal" leopard gecko has a very different environment requirement to an electric blue day gecko - one is from a desert environment, very dry, and the other is from tropical rainforest.

I wouldn't house them together at all, no.

If for no other reason than if the leopard gecko caught the much smaller electric blue, it'd EAT it.

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
THANK YOU JAY YOU HAVE JUST ANSWERED THE RIGHT QUESTION AND MADE MY DAY AS MY M8 THINKS YOU CAN I HE WOULD NOT HAVE IT THANK YOU THANK YOU :2thumb::2thumb::2thumb::2thumb::2thumb::2thumb:
Just so you know a leo and L.willimisi not only live in entirely differnt conditions but the leo would happly eat a L.willimisi.

Jay

·
Registered
22,890 Posts
am i missingg something i thought he said there leos im so confused :blush:
Yes, the "normal geckos" are female leopard geckos - but the Electric Blue gecko is not a leopard gecko, it's a type of day gecko.

·
5,234 Posts
As has already been mentioned, this would be a very bad idea, for a VERY long list of reasons, not least their husbandry requirements are very different. I would strongly recommend reading some relevant caresheets for these species, just to see how incompatible they really are.

Andy

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I DO UNDER STAND WHAT YOU ALL MEAN AND I DO AGREE AND NOW IT HAS SETTLED THE ARGUMENT WITH MY M8 I JUST GLAD THERE IS MORE PEOPLE ON HEAR WHO NO WHAT THERE ON ABOUT GOOD WORK JAY TO YOU SAID EXACTLY WHAT I TOLD HIM BUT IT WAS NO NO NO UNTIL HE SEEN IT FOR HIM SELF:no1::no1::no1:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts