Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
From What I Remember, They Usually Go In Pairs.

A Figure of £"1400" sticks in my head.
So 700 for one.

They are overlly beautiful.

You seem them on the market every now and then.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
ooooh yea ive seen these, beautiful and cool eyes, really intelligent looking eyes! if you know what i mean

Yea i think they vary from, about £1500-2500 for a pair, dont see them singly very often. I think the main reason ppl dont keep them is because they need a descent amount of space, arnt really handleable and arnt particularly hardy i dont think

Beautiful creatures though

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
emerald tree monitors

Beware of w.c emerald trees, stick to c.b. Iseen someone selling a pair for 750 a while ago umm if its seems to go to be ture it most prob is.
Most of them go for around 900 to 1500ish each they are not that common. I know a friend of a friend had a pair for sale couple of months ago for 1500 pound and were c.b. and good steady animals. wish i had the money. well worth breeding.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
they are around if you look for them but not common. as said above one will go for £600 up and a pair usually £1500. i know a few people trying to breed them but to be honest the price hasn't really come down on them over the years so im guessing they aren't the easiest to breed. beautiful lizard tho and definantly next on my list. :D

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks for all your feedback... they do look very intelligent and have a very elegant look to them.

good info on them seems to be very scarce... Does anyone know of any care sheets available for them?

I know they can grow up to 3 foot long in size so though they are big they're not like water monitors which are just huge beasts.

I would of course want cb but I worry how well informed I would be from the person selling them If I were to come across a pair. I know it's certainly not wise to invest my time in wc as they don't often survive.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
V a r a n u s . n l
caresheet here. to find more info on them your best typing the latin name in.

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
which is Varanus prasinus.
A individual or a pair of these are very close to the top of my wish list too.
Gan1 on here i believe said she had a contact somewhat locally who had some breeding.. not certain of details, i assuem they havent hatched yet as i havent heard anything.
Defo display animals from what i have heard, but so so pretty.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Just so you know Dean, Gan1's changed their username now. Can't remember for the life of me what to though.

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
I have done alot of reaserch on these as in future years i will be getting some...Varanus Beccarii, Varanus Prasinus, Varanus Macraei (my personal favourite) The Prasinus are most commonly available but still uncommon in collection, also the Beccarii are sometimes on classifieds...also the normal spotted tree monitor are around now and again, never seen a Macraei in UK for sale, but they are by far the most beautiful out of the Tree Monitors.

DeanThorpe ...Prasinus is green..

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
gan1 has changed her name to kellybee.

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
Just so you know Dean, Gan1's changed their username now. Can't remember for the life of me what to though.
ah cheers man.
umn..kellybee or summit prolly?

·
Registered
13,813 Posts

·
Registered
13,813 Posts

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
Ye Emerald TM is a Green TM and both are the Varanus Prasinus

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
emeralds and greens are the same. i think snakelover was pointing out that there are greens, blues, yellows ect.

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
Hay lol just noticed mmy avatar is a Varanus Prasinus :)

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
erm..ok lol..
the thread was titled emerald tree monitors... lol
so erm..i was aware but anyhowz...

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
V a r a n u s . n l
caresheet here. to find more info on them your best typing the latin name in.

thanks for the link....

They definitely look like an interesting future project...

In the mean time I think I'll get an ackie or two as a starter monitor as I want to get to know the genus a little better in person

1 - 20 of 32 Posts