Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This morning my Emperor Scorpion gave birth, I checked on her about an hour ago and sadly she's killed many of the babies, but i've managed to rescue a few... They don't look very well and i don't recon they'll survive.
What can i do to try and increase their chances of survival? How do I look after new born scorps?
Any help is appreciated I am very worried!! :(
Thanks.

·
Registered
731 Posts
If there is no way they can go back with the mother then I would suggest keeping them in a small tub with damp coco fibre as a substrate. Keep the humidity very high (around 90%) and temperature around 28c. Give them a small piece of bark or something as a hide. Don't feed them until they have finished their first moult, this should take roughly 2weeks.

Because they are not with their mother it will greatly reduce their chance of survival but hopefully you will get a few that will survive.

Good luck with it all though man.

·
Banned
9,422 Posts
i'd put the babies back on mum, the ones she killed may have been broken or something

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
It might be too late to put them back..
Next time just leave it as it is and let nature take its course.
Sometimes breeding is unsuccessful...

Some of them have a very slim chance to make it through but i wouldn't expect any miracles.

Was the mom stressed in any way? (bright light? excessive noise? wrong keeping conditions? driving through London at peak time?)
Fingers crossed for the rest of the brood!

-J

Reactions: spinnin_tom

·
Banned
9,422 Posts
It might be too late to put them back..
Next time just leave it as it is and let nature take its course.
Sometimes breeding is unsuccessful...

Some of them have a very slim chance to make it through but i wouldn't expect any miracles.

Was the mom stressed in any way? (bright light? excessive noise? wrong keeping conditions? driving through London at peak time?)
Fingers crossed for the rest of the brood!

-J

i didn't think of the stress side...
is it a first time parent b an chance too ?
just a thought, as some animals are useles first time round

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.