Reptile Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there

i like the look of emporer scorpions, if i had one in a fully glass tank ( Lid on top) could he/she escape if i had nothing like touching the top what would aid the scorp to get out??? Because if it carnt escape dad seys i can have one :) + does google have good care sheets??

Thanks chris

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
They can't climb glass but will happily climb around on decoration or up a dangling thermostat probe... care wise they're very easy. Emperor Scorpion Care Sheet
You don't have to use the suggested substrate in that sheet, coconut fibre will do just fine and you can add moss to aid humidity. Make sure you have enough depth for digging. Perosnally I'd suggest getting an adult as you'll have more chance of seeing it ;)

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They can't climb glass but will happily climb around on decoration or up a dangling thermostat probe... care wise they're very easy. Emperor Scorpion Care Sheet
You don't have to use the suggested substrate in that sheet, coconut fibre will do just fine and you can add moss to aid humidity. Make sure you have enough depth for digging. Perosnally I'd suggest getting an adult as you'll have more chance of seeing it ;)
Cool Cheers

·
Registered
39,214 Posts
I have 27 babies for sale... if you fancy buying one?

Postable I believe. PM me if you're interested. Currently in second instar, so quite young. Can wait till after the next moult if you want, they'll be bigger and stronger. About 5 weeks old now.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Postable I believe. PM me if you're interested. Currently in second instar, so quite young. Can wait till after the next moult if you want, they'll be bigger and stronger. About 5 weeks old now.
OOOOOO Will Tell Dad And See if i can get a glass tank from doni :)

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
at tank 1ft long by 0.5ft wide will do a scorp fine

that is pretty much what i have mine in it also has a wooden lid with air holes drilled

heres a pic

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
ooops double post

·
Registered
1,588 Posts

How much you wanting for one? NW1 isn't that far out so can easily collect.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts