Reptile Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I have a couple of empty vivariums lying around not doing much.
The sizes are :
4ft, 6" x 1ft, 7" x 1ft, 10" Wooden with glass sliding doors
3ft x 1ft, 4" x 1ft, 8" Glass with removable top
1ft, 4" x 11" x 5" Wooden with a hinged top
And a hamster cage
I was wondering what reptiles to house in them.
I would preferably like to raise from young.
The reptile i would like to :
A bearded dragon - I used to have one but she died :( It would be hard to top her.
Geckos - I only seem to like them when they are in colonies.
Green Iguana - I would love one but i the vivariums i have are way to small :(
Skinks - I haven't seen any around for sale
Frilled dragon
Monitors

Suggestions needed
Cheers¬!

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
i have all my reptiles on vinyl is so easy to clean they all can move around no problem on it . i have the heat mats under it as long as they on matstats they are fine

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have all my reptiles on vinyl is so easy to clean they all can move around no problem on it . i have the heat mats under it as long as they on matstats they are fine
oh no i wasn't asking what to have them on but what reptile to buy.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm just going to help narrow it down, just because most of your "wants" aren't going to work. No frillies, beardies, iguanas, or monitors for you, sorry. Those tanks are much too small for any of these. The tank with the 5 inch dimension is going to be good for nothing. Toss it out. Hamster cages are for hamsters, so that's probably another bust. The other two tanks would be great for geckos of almost any kind, but not strictly arboreal geckos because your tanks are the wrong dimensions. Leos, fat-tails, a mini herd of paroeduras, cave geckos, etc would all love the first two tanks. Also, some skinks would be fine in those tanks (not a bts or pts though). For future reference, it's easier when you give the dimensions in one number (for example; 50" x 50"x 50" not 4',2"x4'2"x4'2" as it becomes a mess!). If you want a bigger reptile, build the tank for the reptile you fall in love with. Don't settle for what will fit in the enclosure you have, if you don't REALLY want it. That leads to lack of care for the reptile(s)n which is bad.

·
Registered
17,668 Posts
I have had empty vivs for some years now, still haven't filled them all up.
I keep them empty because one day, I know something I see will catch my interest, I can go off and research it to ensure it can meet the accomodations I can offer, and get great benefit out of seeing them thrive.

My advice is just take your time, don't rush to fill them up just because you can :)

Alternatively, you could sell, all of those enclosures, and build a bigger enclosure to suit one of the species you would like to own.

: victory:

·
Registered
77 Posts
My advice is just take your time, don't rush to fill them up just because you can :)

Alternatively, you could sell, all of those enclosures, and build a bigger enclosure to suit one of the species you would like to own.

: victory:
YES!!! Ding ding! I love it :lol2:

·
Registered
133 Posts
You could put a young beardie or frillie in the 3ft and 4ft vivs but will have to get a bigger viv before it's fully grown. You could look at Rankins, they are basically small beardies getting to three quarters the size of a normal beardie.
As for the 5inch viv, no, no reptiles, but what about Roaches, or an ant colony, maybe a breeding house for isopods? So you don't have to chuck it cos its no good. the hamster cage is pretty useless though unless you can get a solid top not a grill.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts