Reptile Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, anyone got any experience of The Spider Shop's new T enclosures? http://www.thespidershop.co.uk/20-x-20-x-30-p-3795.html#.WChOoS2LSM8. Are they lockable and will Ts be able to chew through the mesh?

I used to have a selection of acrylic enclosures for my Ts from House of Spiders. I loved them, mainly because they had lids which could be locked shut (padlock) which meant I felt truly safe from escaping Ts, inquisitive house visitors and that my Cobalt Blue wouldn't chase the cat! Unfortunately I got rid of them when I took a break from the hobby (the enclosures, not the Cobalt and the cat!).

Anyone know or recommend any other makers of T enclosures (not Exoterra etc as I know about them, maybe someone (a gem) that makes good enclosures that you don't hear much about?

Cheers

·
Registered
11,665 Posts
Right, anyone got any experience of The Spider Shop's new T enclosures? http://www.thespidershop.co.uk/20-x-20-x-30-p-3795.html#.WChOoS2LSM8. Are they lockable and will Ts be able to chew through the mesh?

I used to have a selection of acrylic enclosures for my Ts from House of Spiders. I loved them, mainly because they had lids which could be locked shut (padlock) which meant I felt truly safe from escaping Ts, inquisitive house visitors and that my Cobalt Blue wouldn't chase the cat! Unfortunately I got rid of them when I took a break from the hobby (the enclosures, not the Cobalt and the cat!).

Anyone know or recommend any other makers of T enclosures (not Exoterra etc as I know about them, maybe someone (a gem) that makes good enclosures that you don't hear much about?

Cheers
Don't own one.

The "door" looks to be a glass slider. So you pull the front up to access.

I can't see a T bothering to even try and chew through the mesh.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
will Ts be able to chew through the mesh?
No.

From their site.

What It Says On The Box:

These are a range of purpose built Terrariums for Spiders and other Inverts as used by nearly ever major European Tarantula breeder. Unlike other models aimed at reptile keepers they don't have full mesh top panels causing the substrate to dry out to quickly. The mesh is considerable thicker to stop Tarantulas chewing through and escaping.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts