Reptile Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am selling my my entire leopard gecko collection including set up.

Most of the geckos are around 1 and a half to two years old.

There is 1 male and 6 females and possiably 2 babies in 6weeks time which have been incubated for females.

Pictures below

I want to sell all of them together but may consider splitting.

All leos are really good egg layers apart from the juvinile and the male!!! haha

Any offers welcome.

May also consider swaps for female beardies or beardie related items.

Albino Female Just stop laying - 45g and putting weight on

Super Hypo Female - 52g - Eats well

Super Hypo Carrot Tail Female - I bought her with the the jungle further down - very skinny as they wore them selfs out laying so much - shes only 23g but eats like a pig and is putting weight on daily.

Albino Male - Stunning! Proven like all of the others - 50g

Normal Female - the dominant female! - Loves being handled - 60g

Jungle Female - As stated with no.3, I bought her with the no.3 above- very skinny as they wore them selfs out laying so much - I havnt weighed her but eats like a pig and is putting weight on daily. She is stunning with huge eyes and a massive grin on her face!

Super Hypo Carrot Tail Juvinile Female - unknown age as i have not long had her but i would say around 6months going on size and is putting on wieght daily.

Vivarium Set Up with fake rock background, nesting boxes, viewing light, thermostat, plants - everything you see in the pictures. it is around 33" long, 19" high and 12" deep.

Many Thanks PM Me

·
Registered
475 Posts
a fair few of your geckos look very underweight and ill there mate.I would take a few of those to the vets for fecal tests to check for parasites/worms.The tails are extremely skinny on some of those geckos.I would make sure the very skinny ones are isolated from the others aswell.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gecko Face - The skinny ones i have only just bought (as stated above) they looked bad when i went and bought them and wanted to help them. They have put on loads of weight since i got them and all of them have had fecal check and are all fine. As i have said they are putting on weight but this does not happen over night!

·
Premium Member
14,592 Posts
Almost all of your leos for sale are underweight, 2 of them (the 2 you say you bought in that state) are in desperate need of intensive care and may not survive the state they are in!! Please please consider handing them in to some kind of reptile rescue. You do have a couple of fattys and I am sure that your leos normally look like that but I don't feel that its fair to sell the others in the state they are in.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As i have said they are making good progress. As you can understand that it takes a while for leos to bulk up. I have rescued many leos most worse than these and all have fully recovered. I can no longer keep these as i have to downsize the amount of species of reps i have due to health problems.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Maybe you should consider holding onto those untill they have made a full recovery and are back to an ideal weight then? That or give them to someone experienced on here who can nurse them back to health, if thats possible.

I'm not too sure how one can be 23g but has put on loads of weight, any lighter than that and they would be dead.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I cannot hold on to them as i am going into hospital due to health problems within the next couple of weeks.
The female was nearer 15g when i got her which was lighter than most of my juvinials! she was on critical care for a week or so but is now making great progress.
I have a lot of experience in reps but i need to get rid of some before i go in to hospital for my op.

·
Premium Member
14,592 Posts
Nobody is saying this is your fault and it seems you are in an unfortunate situation now that you have to go into hospital. I am sure you do have a lot of experience and have helped a lot of leos but I still don't feel that its fair to sell these leos to someone else. Please just think about handing them over to someone who can continue your work with helping them. And I am not after a freebie - I am not taking anything on at the moment but I too have nursed leos back from this state and its a very long, hard process I know. Out of interest, how much are you thinking of charging for these leos? Theres no prices on the ad.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I have to ask, why are you breeding underweight gecko's that you only purchased a few weeks ago?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Really? You might want to go back and read your ad, because it states otherwise.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nobody is saying this is your fault and it seems you are in an unfortunate situation now that you have to go into hospital. I am sure you do have a lot of experience and have helped a lot of leos but I still don't feel that its fair to sell these leos to someone else. Please just think about handing them over to someone who can continue your work with helping them. And I am not after a freebie - I am not taking anything on at the moment but I too have nursed leos back from this state and its a very long, hard process I know. Out of interest, how much are you thinking of charging for these leos? Theres no prices on the ad.
The new ones and the juviniles are in rubs the rest have stopped laying now.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
it's also a concern that you were keeping them together, and the one that you state is 'dominant' (I assume you would mean over the other geckos, there is no other explaination for this phrasing) is the fattest and the other, clearly ill-looking geckos are having to compete with her for food.

The setup you are offering to house them in is clearly a multiple gecko setup. You need to seperate them all. Now.

·
Registered
844 Posts
time to spit my dummy out:censor:

these should be on the rehoming for a start, i ask all members on here not to pay good money for these.
i am yet to come accross somebody who CARES for reptiles that tries to sell ill reptiles.
they are in poor condition and some look near death to be honest. you have put these up as high end collection but to be fair they are a low end ,very ill and poor looking collection, yes you did mention one was a bit skinny from laying but that is a load of tosh because i have around 10 breeding females here that have just stop laying and they still range from 55g - 97g, yes being gravid does take it out of them but if they are the right size to start with and food and vits ect are supplied for gravid females you wouldnt have these problems.

most of the people that have comented so far have done it in a nice way only to be fobbed off, so this is why my post is a little more to the point.

i would suggest putting these up to a rehomer who as time to get them back to health, also with no health checks any collection would be in danger if these where added.

im not totally heartless and im sorry if you have reasons why you cannot keep them on, if you need any advice feel free to pm me and ask.

·
Premium Member
14,592 Posts
ok so thats kinda what I was trying to say but I guess I was being a little more subtle than you! lol

These really should be offered free to good homes, apart from the normal and the albino babies who look absolutely fine and you could sell those no problem.

There are a few people on here who would be capable of taking these on and nursing them back to health - KJ Geckos, Roewammi, Goth Girl to name a few. Hell, I would even take them on myself if you can't find anyone else.

Just found out he wants £350 for these leos!!! OMG! PLEASE PLEASE don't buy these leos! They really should be handed in to someone who knows what they are doing!

·
Registered
6,079 Posts
sorry but i wouldn't pay that at all with the state some of them are in... they clearly need rehoming, not selling

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.