Reptile Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we had our show today (Edmonton Reptile and Amphibian Society) and again tomorrow. Seemed to go fairly well, lots of baby cornsnakes, a few kings, some boa's and ball pythons, and lots and lots of beardies, geckoes and a few chameleons. Even had somebody selling spiders and scorpions...
Had about 1200 people come through the doors, might not seem like many to you, but don't forget pop. of England is 10 times Canada, lol....
And YES I behaved, sold 6 babies but never got anything new... Am going back tomorrow though, hehe, so who knows???
Steve

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
thats pretty good reallly.. the uk shows get around 400-600 on the whole

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WOW, 2 whole days of being at a reptile show, sold the last 4 snakes I had for sale and still never came home with anything new.... What is wrong with me???
Steve

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hey, I’m living in Québec - Montréal and am from England.

I saw that show was happening in Edmonton - Ontario but it didn’t have a lot of info on the net about it and it was its first show so I wasn’t sure so did not come. I would go to the Mississauga Expo that’s massive. But it's 8 hour drive away :( but I see they are doing a new one slightly smaller in Ottawa :D on the 15th October

The reason why I’m saying this is cuz Its hard to find people who are into reptiles here in Québec plus I don’t talk French :p … lol they don’t even know of any expo’s in Ontario (French…) :shock:

I’m wondering if you know of any people who will be going their? Any good corn snake breeders? As I’m looking in to buying a new corn soon before i go back to England and I think the best place to buy one is at an expo right?

Thanks for any info on that! :D

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
theres going to be alot of corn breeders ou tthat way, i dont really know of any names, but there will be.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually Dude, Edmonton is in Alberta and we have been putting on two shows a year for at least 10 years that I know of, so it's definately not our first... Not sure if I read your English wrong, but your info seems to be way off...

And as for breeders in Quebec or Ontario, theres tons of them, just go on the Reptiles Canada website, there should be a link to find one near you...

Steve

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
hey hes english lol.. let him off

·
Registered
365 Posts
Haha I feel so stupid... I swear I heard someone say there was a reptile show in Edmonton - Ontario... and I have been to Alberta and saw the sign to go to Edmonton and it stuck out in my mind. So the name clicked and somehow I had that in my mind... I went across Canada from Québec by car to Vancouver then back again so I saw a lot of names! Sorry I mixed Edmonton up with some place in Ottawa! Ontario is too big though... there was a lot of places that were soully in Ontario took 5 days to cross just that! and then a day to cross Alberta lol. By the way Canada is EPMTY!!!!!!! 30 million people in a space bigger then the United States! Whoa! :shock:

Ok place Alberta! Cowboys! Went though Calgary while the Calgary stampede was on... I got looked at funny though... I don’t think you get many English people their lol. :?

Well there is two new reptile shows in Ottawa and the first one was on the same dates you stated so it all clicked to me lol... sorry about that! :roll:

Well I don’t know about you but I find it kind of hard to find breeders here when it's 95 % French and you don’t talk it. Thanks for the link I’ll check it out.

In Ontario I know there are tons of breeders there... there’s a shop that sells just ball pythons morphs! I think it's the top reptile province of Canada.

Anyway… My English is fine and nice one on your Expo! Good turn out
:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts