Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Y'all, about 6 weeks ago I bought a "Euthlus Pulcherrimaklassi" labelled " Female Green femur beauty from my LPS, I was informed it was about a year old, I had my suspicions as to whether the labelling & care information given to me was right when doing some researching on care tips. From what I could gather the E.Pulcherrimaklassi came from Equador BUT there was another T on the market which was Euathlus sp. "Blue" which came from Chile, there seems to be from what I gathered some confusion when selling these.
So I was still none the wiser as to which mine was as my little one seemed to look nothing like any pics I could find of either species.
All came to light yesterday when off it went for a molt, it had been a bit skittish and not eating for a week or 2 so was expected, out HE came this morning in a new coat, complete with tibial hooks n boxing gloves! what's amazing is the colour change, he went in ginger (ish) and came out black,blue and red and stunning, boy am I pleased with him. Not the biggest species in the world, he's about 40mm nose to bum but with long, thin legs so when sat his LS is about 80-90mm, so pretty small but spends most of the time out and one of the most non aggressive species I've come across, you'd really have to press him to react, tends to run or just cower (bless him)
So thought I'd share just incase anyone was interested.
Euathlus sp. Blue Before

Another before

After molt

Hope you liked, thanks for having a peek and
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ONE & ALL

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks alot, I was just so pleased with little chaps new outfit I had to get snapping :)
merry christmas :cheers: right back at you.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know wot you mean by leggy, and quick when he wants to be, he's alot more active now he's matured sitting on glass side in full view where before he came out of his hide to feed, drink and stretch.
Hopefully I can find him a little lady before the clock runs down on him, try and send him off with a bang :)

·
Registered
869 Posts
Lovely spider you have there and I think your right that there seems to be some confusion over the Euathlus sp as I have a "Blue Femur" female and it looks identiccal to those on TSS website but mine came from Exotic Pets and is supposed to come from somewhere totally different and reading what TSS seems to make sense about location and species. Mine little girl changed totally after she went through a molt as she went almost black and when you see her in the right light the colours and sheen are amazing. I know she's a girl as after a few weeks of having her she laid an egg-sca but unfortunately I wasn't as knowledgeable as I am now and I wasn't sure what to do so I'm afraid they perished :blush:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.