Reptile Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

A friend of mine won a wall mounted fish tank at last years good food show. I have offered to help her set it up - and it has come with a load of Ehiem fixtures and fittings ie. filter/heater/air pump. Only problem being is that all of the fixtures have a standard uk plug (3 pin/13 Amp). The tank itself, bearing in mind it is wall mounted, has a junction box, in an effort to appear cable tidy. The sockets on the outside of the junction box are european style 2 pin plug sockets.

My question is: Is it safe to use a standard uk to euro travel adapter to allow the use of the heater etc?

Has anybody else had any experience of this?

I'm aware this question would probably be better of on some electrical forum somewhere, but I thought I'd give it a go.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
13,364 Posts
My question is: Is it safe to use a standard uk to euro travel adapter to allow the use of the heater etc
I bought an aquarium heater from Zooplus which came with a European two pin plug and just used a plastic stick to push down the third pin of the socket so that I could plug it straight in the bottom. Alternatively, you can use a UK adapter as suggested. : victory:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help Trillian. I ordered from Zooplus and got exactly what I needed, and at a good price too!

Thanks again

·
Registered
13,364 Posts
No problem. Glad you got it sorted. : victory:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts