Reptile Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows of any shop or breeder in Europe who ships livestock oversees. I'm interested mostly in Blue tongue skinks. Thank you.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just found that 888 reptiles do offer European delivery. Has anyone got any review on them? Any other shops that ship within Europe?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My bad, they offer european delivery for non-perishable goods.. So is there anyone who can ship reptiles oversees?

·
Can't Read, Can't Write But Can Drive A Tractor.
1,376 Posts
Why are you desperate for a foreign one? I think they're pretty available from the UK, otherwise go to hamm/ask someone who is going to hamm for the December show on the 13th December...and before you ask me, no I'm not going :lol2:

·
Registered
11,095 Posts
Could it be that he is in Cyprus?

Are there any pet shops locally that can get you one?
Quality.:notworthy:

Why are you desperate for a foreign one? I think they're pretty available from the UK, otherwise go to hamm/ask someone who is going to hamm for the December show on the 13th December...and before you ask me, no I'm not going :lol2:
Nicosia is an awfully long drive from Doncaster.:Na_Na_Na_Na:: victory::lol2:

Reactions: clumsyoaf

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There are only two exotic shops in Nicosia but are ridiculously overpriced! And only one of the two keeps the animals in good/healthy condition. When I asked him if he could get me a male Irian Jaya he asked "what kind of snake is this?" !! I explained that is a locality of blue tongue skink and he told me that this lizards are very rare and expensive at around 350euro! He is clearly out of his mind! Then of course I saw his normal leopard geckos run for 120!
I know the prices of this lizards, I bought from Hamm before, but I can not afford going there just for a male or pair of bts.. My collection has significantly got smaller, and my goal is to breed my favourite species, bts and varanus acanthurus. I don't want to get ripped off from some clueless reptile shop owner

·
Registered
11,095 Posts
I was out in Akrotiri a few times earlier in the year and would of been delighted to help you, sadly it is looking that I am unlikely to be out that way again for some time - I would of brought out what you wanted for a guided tour of the area.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kato, that would be great if it could happen! I would be really grateful. Maybe I should save up and attend the next doncaster expo :2thumb:

·
Super Moderator
7,053 Posts
Are there any reptile clubs in Cyprus ? You might have one and be able to join, meet others and find out where you can buy reptiles locally.

Are you legally allowed to keep the local Eumeces, or are they protected? They are a lovely skink.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The endemic eumeces schneiderii is indeed a lovely skink, but they are protected. But honestly, if I encounter a fine specimen while herping, I wouldn't hesitate to add it in my collection! They are very hard to find

1 - 12 of 12 Posts