Reptile Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, while handling Nemmie last night, he cuddled up in my jumper. 15 minutes later, I find he was gone. But only right behind me exploring! :lol2: Panic attack or what!

Has anything like this ever happened to you guys? I've heard of snakeys escaping while in their tanks, but what about when you've got them out to be handled?

·
Registered
8,167 Posts
yeah, i've done exactly the same before, my anery corn always sits up my sleeve and unless she's up against my skin i dont feel her move and it wasn't until i moved my arm that i realised she wasn't there, but she had only gone behind me, and yeah, mini heart attack is what i had !! lol

Reactions: LahmiaRaven

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, i've done exactly the same before, my anery corn always sits up my sleeve and unless she's up against my skin i dont feel her move and it wasn't until i moved my arm that i realised she wasn't there, but she had only gone behind me, and yeah, mini heart attack is what i had !! lol
Sneaky little buggers :lol2:

·
Registered
8,167 Posts
Sneaky little buggers :lol2:
yup, they move so slowly half the time you just don't notice. i remember once i lost my mexican king snake down the bloody couch, one minute he was moving along the side of me and the next he's off down the back inside the couch. good job he was a king and fancied the mouse i tempted him out with, and he'd only been fed the day before or something. it's happened once and once only lmao you do learn from mistakes haha

·
Registered
259 Posts
yup, they move so slowly half the time you just don't notice. i remember once i lost my mexican king snake down the bloody couch, one minute he was moving along the side of me and the next he's off down the back inside the couch. good job he was a king and fancied the mouse i tempted him out with, and he'd only been fed the day before or something. it's happened once and once only lmao you do learn from mistakes haha
That happened to me yesterday with my royal. Totally panicked when i realised she was going into the settee. I ended up having to cut a hole in the bottom to get her out, she pocked her head out of the hole and sat watching me lol. Never again.

·
Registered
8,167 Posts
That happened to me yesterday with my royal. Totally panicked when i realised she was going into the settee. I ended up having to cut a hole in the bottom to get her out, she pocked her head out of the hole and sat watching me lol. Never again.
yeah, never again lol lucky i didn't have to mutilate my couch to get him back, if it'd been one of my corns i doubt they're have come out for a mouse after recently being fed so good job he eats like a horse. must have been a couple days after eating

·
Registered
259 Posts
yeah, never again lol lucky i didn't have to mutilate my couch to get him back, if it'd been one of my corns i doubt they're have come out for a mouse after recently being fed so good job he eats like a horse. must have been a couple days after eating
I was going to try and tempt her out but Mum came running in with a knife and told me to hack it open. She tolerates the snakes from a distance:lol2:

·
Registered
632 Posts
mu guys are pritty good im hoping to convert a room in my house just for snakes so they can all have a good explore each day, but my mums not giving up yet :lol2:

·
Registered
25,628 Posts
I used to have a Florida Blue Garter snake that took a mad dive off my hand and ended up under my bed, tiny little bugger, with a dark back, got into a group of cables, was sheer luck I happened to see his tail move

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I used to have a Florida Blue Garter snake that took a mad dive off my hand and ended up under my bed, tiny little bugger, with a dark back, got into a group of cables, was sheer luck I happened to see his tail move
Haha that's what I'm like with my baby anery corn, I get worried when he takes a dive off my hand onto my lap. Luckily I'm always sat down when handling him :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts