Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone use these for leos??

Im thinking of buying a 30x30x30cm exo viv for one of my new hatchling leos.

Im giving it away to my bro in law who wants to start keeping leos. So for Xmas im sorting him out with a leo, viv, and all the other bits and bobs.

Im quite sure that unless you put more floor space in (extra levels) then a leo could out grow this size? does anyone agree or think its ok??

I can always get the size up if needed? :crazy:

·
Premium Member
7,219 Posts
That size is really too small for an adult leo, I have one of mine in an exo terra which is 60cm (long) x 45 x 45 and that seems about the right size. I wouldn't want to go any smaller because by the time 3 hides, food bowl, water bowl etc are in there isn't that much floor space left.

I like the exo terra and have no problems heating it as some people seem too and have put lots of artificial plants on the sides so the leo still feels secure.

That's a lovely idea for your b-i-l for xmas :2thumb:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers, i'll go for a bigger one. sometimes you just need someone else to tell you , i hate decisons.

Can you fir a light easily? is it just a case of making a hole in the mesh for it to fit in?

·
Premium Member
7,219 Posts
I bought small LED lights with suction pads on which are meant for fish tanks and stuck them on the side.

·
Premium Member
7,219 Posts
Here you are this gives you an idea:

I've added to it now and put more plants on the sides...

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks alot. Where did you get the hde from with the cacti??

i love it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts