Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
Depends which geck you got! Creaties would love um!

I personally don't like the waterfalls though cause crix get in them and die, plus they really are a breading ground for all sorts of bacteria! Trust me I had one and it didn't last long in my vivs!

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
Im thinking you have a leo... correct me if Im wrong! In which case youre right, a waterfall would increase the humidity too much.

Have you thought about creating some kind of fake rock formation out of polystyrene to use as decoration? I have seen a few people do this in beardie vivs and it looks quite impressive!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Waterfalls are a no go, non desert or not,

Hey solidius,

You are right about the waterfall, i house 2 beardies and always search around to spend money on my viv to make it more comfortable and more attractive to look at.

As suggested up top the polystyrene rocks are a new addition to my viv. I bought them from the net and they are basically a polystyrene sheet that is placed against the back and sides to replicate a natural rock look. They look really smart and a relatively cheep. I got enough to cover the back of my 4 foot viv and it only cost me a tenner.

If you want something "watery" in your viv then may i suggest a misty canyon type affair? Exo terra do them and they are even good for desert reps as they simulate the frost in the mornings. They look awesome when they are misting aswell.

Hope this helps

Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts