Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how accurate are the exo terra hygrometers??

just placed one in my room for giggles and it says humidity in my room is 75%???? seems a tad high doesnt it? does this mean i can keep reptiles in my room without tanks that require highish humidity? :lol:

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
There crap! So are there thermometers!

If I were you I'd invest in some digital ones.. Goto ebay and look there. I get mine from monitors_direct (i'm in work and ebays blocked i'll link it later). They have an outdoor/indoor readrer with humidity for £12 I think... I've got 4 at the moment, one broke so need to order some more!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive got some digital thermometers coming, just use the dial ones to give me an idea of temp gradient in the viv instead of running wires everywhere, will get a digi hygro to see what humidity is then

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
I'm a data freak! I've got thermometers positioned all over my house and I record them each day as well! :oops: One in every viv' basic ones in each room and one hanging out of the window for the outside temp! Was a very warm night last night :?

·
Registered
257 Posts
yes, they are useless get a good quality one, some of those have been knowen to be 20% off. look on ebay they have some good thermometer/hygromters with a probe for two temp. reading.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Yep, total crap. I got two to try them out and they read more than 20% different - and that's in a totally sealed box!

Definitely get an electronic one - I think most have +/- tolerance of about 5% (unless you spend serious money), so not exactly precise but good enough.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts