5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering guys ,

are exoterra 18" x 18" x 24"

any good ? planning to get one for my leo's

·
Premium Member
9,386 Posts
They are not really any good for leos as they are really for an arboreal lizard as they are taller rather than wider.

Where abouts do you live?

I would suggest at least 24inches (2ft) wide for one or two, they dont really need much height although mine do climb low level things.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
They now sell longer lower vivs, 60wX45dX45H.

http://www.everythingforpets.com/exo_terra_glass_terrariums.pet/use.id.5.item_id.6373.dept.1150/

They would be ok for one leo, MAYBE 2, but I think they need more space than that really. Personally I would put 2 or 3 in a 36x12 at the smallest, pref 36x18.

And please please keep a close eye on more than one at all times. We have had to separate one of ours tonight as she has been bitten, despite being introduced gradually, all having seperate hides but sharing regardless and being fine and eating etc for 2 months. :( :( :( Poor blizzy.

Emma xXx

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im gonna plan to get another leo and breed them next season

does th 2nd one down the 45cm x 45cm x 45cm one seem ok for ONE adult male leo ?

and the bottom right one for two adult female leo's

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
I know someone who has 2 in the bottom right one and it looks gorgeous how its set up but Id say not enough room to keep two. This is the size I would go for to just keep one in.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im gonna stick with my leo viv i have now and im gonna check out a few vivs today and see if there oki :)

thanks peeps

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
well the bigger the better oviously. 24x12x12 inch is big enough for 2 nor more. I am getting a 40x12x15inch tank for mine and will have 3-4 in it.But remember 1 male to each tank!
Hope you set up looks good :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
yeah more room the better, will look less cluttered aswell :)
never thought much to the exo-terra vivs but I like the bottom right one, looks great :)

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
going to chose my leo at the shop tomorrow and then gonna pic him and the viv up on tues hopefully

1 - 9 of 9 Posts