Reptile Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a royal that when i first purchased her was a good feeder on rats.

She (not surprisingly) changed her mind about eating. Soooooo i tried her on mice, multi's, rats scented with mice and multis, the lot!!!!!

Anyway i thought i would try a little experiment that with her setup. I assumed that the probable cause of her going off food was insecurity etc so i decided to change her hides, well by change i took out two and threw in one large hide that would cover both cold and hot sides of the RUB with one whole created in the roof of the hide. I have inserted a picture of what it looks like below:

Anyway the change was a great success, first attempt of feeding her she took a jumbo mouse, second attempt she took two in one night both strike fed, and last night she took a large rat weaner again : victory:

Guess im making this thread as a possible solution to anyone else having a troublesome feeder and good luck

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
btw if anyone notices that the temp in the RUB above is only 31.1 its because i just opened it to check up hence the temp drop, please dont bollock me :p

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
nice work its always nice to hear of another good tip to have in the arsenal for non feeders: victory:

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers bud

·
Registered
7,844 Posts
I have a royal that when i first purchased her was a good feeder on rats.

She (not surprisingly) changed her mind about eating. Soooooo i tried her on mice, multi's, rats scented with mice and multis, the lot!!!!!

Anyway i thought i would try a little experiment that with her setup. I assumed that the probable cause of her going off food was insecurity etc so i decided to change her hides, well by change i took out two and threw in one large hide that would cover both cold and hot sides of the RUB with one whole created in the roof of the hide. I have inserted a picture of what it looks like below:
Anyway the change was a great success, first attempt of feeding her she took a jumbo mouse, second attempt she took two in one night both strike fed, and last night she took a large rat weaner again : victory:

Guess im making this thread as a possible solution to anyone else having a troublesome feeder and good luck
good work mate : victory:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts