Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my freind is ALWAYS telling me that there is a lizzard that as a last resort, puffs out its ribcage so much that the bones stick out to scare away preditors in a life/death situation..is this b*&&%$£s or is there some wierd exploding lizzard? sounds unlikely, but maybe im wrong??

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I know that there is a lizard which, when threatened can/will squirt blood from it's eyes... for the sake of me, I can't remember which one it is but, I'm sure someone else will jump in and shout out!

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
never heard of them to be honest-sure she isntnt thinkign odf the blood squirting one?
my freind is ALWAYS telling me that there is a lizzard that as a last resort, puffs out its ribcage so much that the bones stick out to scare away preditors in a life/death situation..is this b*&&%$£s or is there some wierd exploding lizzard? sounds unlikely, but maybe im wrong??

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
sounds like a myth to me ahhaa, not unless there on about a beardie who puffs his neck out but they dont explode like hahaha

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
never heard anything like this before! :D

·
Banned
61,457 Posts
I know that there is a lizard which, when threatened can/will squirt blood from it's eyes... for the sake of me, I can't remember which one it is but, I'm sure someone else will jump in and shout out!

~shouts out~

regal horned lizard

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
when threatened can/will squirt blood from it's eyes... :rotfl:

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thats the texas horned lizard that squirts blood out its eyes, she seems adament that there is one that explodes its ribcage though....:hmm:

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
i think a type of newt does does it..sharp ribbed newt

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
hahah pure mad what some folk come out with a lizard blows its self up in stead of getting eatin hahaha

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I have heard somewhere of some animal that explodes to protect it's eggs/young. Can't remember if it's a Rep or an Amphib or what.

·
Banned
61,457 Posts
the conversation....

hey, i've just bought a lizard, when it gets angry it puffs it's beard out and there are like little spikes on it, it's dead cool.

oh wow.. you'll never guess... *dave* has just bought a lizard where spikes come out and it blows its neck out when it's angry.

just been talking to *mary*, she said *dave* has bought this lizard that blows itself up with spikes when its angry

you heard about *Daves* new lizard? it blows its body up and spikes come out of its body when it gets angry.. probably when other lizards attack it.

WOW... i'm going to *Daves* tonight to see his lizard, it blows up and fires its ribs out when angry..

·
Banned
61,457 Posts
i found out toads exploded when i was 7, bit of tape and a straw.

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
I bet it turns out to be a beardie :)

·
Banned
6,045 Posts
I have an image in my head of an Iguana in suicide bombers vest :whistling2:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts