Reptile Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

What do you think of this? I've read that leos live mostly on rocks and hardened soil/sand, some say sand substrate is ok other curse it, so I was thinking of using-making some fake rock like the ones being used as backgrounds but use it as flooring, maybe I'll just need to cut a little deeper to use a heat mat effectively or it maybe just fine with a bulb, what dou you think?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Good idea. But might be frustrating in the long run, With cleaning and all. I know Leo's Have Toilet Spots. But if its made to be natural, Then there will be little crevises init, and bacteria will just love it. if anything, i would make it portable, so you can take it out to clean.

What i'd do is, instead of making it ok for the heat mat, make this "substate/background" thing for half the vivarium, just not on the heatmat, as this could melt and then hell could break loose. And then have a nice soft bit (sand ontop of the heat mat) and for the cool end, a rocky like substrate. Very nice idea. Not sure if it coul dbe 100% succesful tho.

best of luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts