Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hubbie brought me a H.Mac yesterday as an early bday pressie. I wasnt to sure at first, but I've fallen in love!!!

It's a stunning looking T about 2" body length unsure of sex.

Can anyone give me any advice about them, read a few things on the Internet, but wud love people's own experience with these stunning T's.

Will post pics once he/she has settled in.

Cheers

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
Hubbie brought me a H.Mac yesterday as an early bday pressie. I wasnt to sure at first, but I've fallen in love!!!

Can anyone give me any advice about them, read a few things on the Internet, but wud love people's own experience with these stunning T's.

Cheers

Just respect it. My girl takes advantage of both her floor space and the height and they build amazing webs. Enjoy

·
Registered
7,985 Posts

Cheers
The experience that stands out for me is chasing my adult around the bathroom for over an hour.... I love them, they are undoubtedly my favourite tarantula. They are more skittish than defensive, would run away and hide rather than go for you. I believe you can sex them from a few inches as females are a lighter/brighter colour. Have a torch handy, you may only get to see it at fleeting moments in the middle of the night!

·
Registered
33,490 Posts
The experience that stands out for me is chasing my adult around the bathroom for over an hour.... I love them, they are undoubtedly my favourite tarantula. They are more skittish than defensive, would run away and hide rather than go for you.
not always, though- some will attack then run, & i know of at least one that jumped out of it's exo viv onto it's owner's leg & bit him, when he opened the door to feed it! :gasp: & he ended up in hospital on a ventilator as a result of a combination of a bad reaction to the venom & a secondary infection.

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
not always, though- some will attack then run, & i know of at least one that jumped out of it's exo viv onto it's owner's leg & bit him, when he opened the door to feed it! :gasp: & he ended up in hospital on a ventilator as a result of a combination of a bad reaction to the venom & a secondary infection.

I would say that was an exceptionally extreme case... why would a tarantula jump out and bite someone's leg. I can only comment on the ones I've had and ones I've known, mind : victory:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts