Reptile Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My family and I are new to the hognose family. My daughter got a baby hognose for her birthday in August and he has been a wonderful little guy. Today when my husband went to check on Houdini (long back story to that name) Houdini false struck my husband and started to flat head, hiss, and puff up my husband decided to leave him alone for the time being. He hasn't done this since we brought him home the first day. I have heard that hoggies get in their little moods but ours has never done this before. We all handle the snake but my daughter is the one who usually likes to hold him the most. I'm just worried he might strike her since he has never expressed this behavior before. Is it normal for Hoggies to just randomly start to act mean and grumpy when they don't have a habbit of this behavior?

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
Very normal for hoggies, it's all just a show of defensive behaviour but still be very cautious in case he does decide to bite (you do know they are rear fang venomous, right?)

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32,954 Posts
Very normal for hoggies, it's all just a show of defensive behaviour but still be very cautious in case he does decide to bite (you do know they are rear fang venomous, right?)

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk
& an envenomating bite can land you in hospital.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts