Reptile Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if im allowed to advertise shops on ere but i know there is a lack of decent reptile shops around.

So for anyone local(ish) a new shop has just opened on Van Road, Caerphilly in South Wales.

They sell all the usual live/frozen foods, vivs, accessories, lighting, lizards, snakes, spiders etc etc....

Cheers,
Gary.

·
Registered
336 Posts
got an addy? im opening my shop next month, can check out the competition ;)

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha what kind of an addy do you mean? email address of shop address??

I dont know much as its not my shop, just sumit i thought i'd mention as i sometimes struggle to get what i need without a 10-20 mile drive...and the guy there seems a genuinely nice fella, so thought id do him a favour n stick a post up :D

·
Registered
336 Posts
shop addy, ill pop in and have a nose :D

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not sure of the number but its on Van Road in Caerphilly.

Where are you going to be opening your shop then?

·
Registered
336 Posts
looking at whitchurch and that sort of area

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Little bit of a drive for me then...there is a decent reptile shop in Cardiff, they are in Llanedeyrn Shopping Centre, Llanedeyrn.

Could be worth a visit for you as well, would think thats probably your closest competition.

·
Registered
336 Posts
been there a couple times now, bought crickets from them and when i opened em back at home (aberdare) they were all but a couple dead. but the bloke who works there was nice enough.

im gonna go have a nose at the new one in a bit though :D

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cool, well keep me posted on how your shop goes...when you open ill av to pop down for a nose about :wink:

·
Registered
336 Posts
hmmmm, just got back.

out of a viv of 6-10 baby beardies, only 1 did not have a syump instead of a tail, which is shocking considering they are asking 74.99 for some juves 6-9 wk old i'd say.

couple of corns and a gorgeous kingsnake (that i would have bought if my wife didnt hate snakes) looked ok, but the rest i wouldnt buy.

personally, i would buy cricks if i ran out but no reps (this is just my opinion), and with the other place i'd buy only reps and not cricks :?

since im gonna be bang in the middle of them i hope i can provide both :D

ill pop back in a couple weeks and see how it all looks, i hate to judge on one visit

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah i only use shops for crickets/rats now...bought quite a few reptiles from that Dragon Reptiles but they are so much more expensive than breeders.

I'll look forward to seeing your shop...if you can get decent reptiles with decent livefood u'll be made !!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts