Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As requested- Plants arrived today so will be starting my planted viv tonight.

I need your help again as regards to the care.

Ok first up is Snakeskin looks like this will be a colourful one.

Next is Calathea, Gill said if the leaves flop they need water and recover well, but how much water.

Crypt Red Star

Ficus, how much space will this fill. I had planned to plant the 3 clumps together in a pot to use as a hanging cover plant.

Polker Dot Green and White

Polker Dot Pink

Neor Mo peppa please

Neor Tiger Cub

Goosefoot

So my question apart from the few above is where abouts would you plant them in the viv, Gill has given me some help on this but the more help the better:2thumb:

Also to anyone else who reads this sorry for the HUGE post:whistling2:

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
oooooo plany goodness.

The ficus looks in need of a good water there lol. just give them all a good water as it's been hot and in the mail they may have suffered a little. i would also give them a misting as well, just to up the water level.

Personall rather then hanging the ficus, plant it at the side and it will very quickly climb, keep it humid and keep it under good lights and it will grow well. it does sometimes panic and loos it's leaves though so be careful.

the two broms look lovly, i would attach these to branches in the middle of the viv.

i would prob plant the Calathea and goose foot in opposote back coners and then plants the other ones towards the front.

thats the sort of layout i would use, but it depends on the viv and where branches are going to go. broms always look best attached to branches though, and they look good in the middle help at some depth too. Just use either cotton or wire (sharp end pushed into the branch.

jay

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
Do you mean plant the ficus inthe substrate and it will climb up the wall.
Also will this fucus recover and if so will it take long.

I have give all them a water and spray.
yer they will reocver they are pritty hardy. The heat has just caused them to dry and wilt.

The ficus climbs really well so under good lighting just place them in the viv and they will climb up. its far better for the plant to be put in the substrate then to hang down, well in ficus anyway. I never had much luck when i tried to grow ficus in pockets.

Jay

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Looking good mate! Im sure I recognize the writing on the labels :lol2:

The ficus will grow well under good light (like Jay said) I put some in my viv a few weeks ago and it taking over the place! Love that stuff!

Ive not seen the polka dot plants before I might have to get me one of these!

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
Looking good mate! Im sure I recognize the writing on the labels :lol2:

The ficus will grow well under good light (like Jay said) I put some in my viv a few weeks ago and it taking over the place! Love that stuff!

Ive not seen the polka dot plants before I might have to get me one of these!

Ditto, i want some too.

jay

1 - 7 of 7 Posts