Reptile Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend is doing a tortoise degree or summat and told me that you can feed leos ordinary rabbit food once its been soaked (she is also a veterinary nurse). Not sure if you had heard this before but i thought i'd share this info. The leo that was being a stubborn sod has eaten some of this. Guess the dried food diet it was used to just buggared its normal diet up.

Dxxx

·
Banned
3,993 Posts
There is no tortoise degree, but if she is doing the Tortoisetrust course then she ought to practise what she learns from the course<vbg>Rabbit pellets are not suitable for leopard tortoises as they are made from alfalfa which is high in protein and would adversley affect the kidneys. Redigrass can be fed to leopards slightly moistened or dry but this is totally different from rabbit pellets of course. Do make sure to keep hydration up if you have fed these pellets.

·
Registered
8,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The idea was to kinda use it to clear the tort out, as you know I was struggling to get this beaut to eat. anyway It did the trick and shes eating a normal healthy diet now thankfully. I was very worried.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts