Reptile Forums banner

Fastest Growing Crestie

365 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  dorian 
#1 ·
Now as some of you might know, I had an issue with some escaped crickets in my neighbours flat. So i stopped buying crickets and changed to locust, which lead to most of my cresties either not putting any weight on or actually dropping a gram, even though they all get their CGD, however I have a smaller one who will eat anything...locust, crickets, worms, CGD and she was 20g at the middle of November and put on 2g between then and the 2nd of Jan, however between the 2nd Jan and the 3rd of Feb she has put on 6g... is this ok?

She is very healthy and active, but it does seem quite a leap as her viv mate has put on 2g a month steadily...so is this ok or is she just a hungry girl who likes her food lol

#2 ·
Have temps changed at all? Its been a little warmer in the east midlands, not sure where your from.

Also, do you using additional lighting ?

Both would have an effect on metabolism rates, IE more nutrients being utilised and not being expelled as waste.

Proteins for example need a higher . . 'strength' of metabolism to be fully consumed. Things from diet, body temp and photosynthesis are prime factors in its, and other nutrients absorption.

#3 ·
the room temp is always the same, as its a tiny room with a statted heater so its the same...i think she maybe just actually liked the locusts, which i still buy so she can still get them!

#5 ·
actually I only dust mine rarely, as i do on occasion give them extra calcium and vits in their mix, however I do also give mine liquid calcium once a week, esp the females who are coming up to breeding wieght!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.