Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where i can get a pair of fat tailed geckos from?we had them at college and iv been looking around but i cant seem to find many at all.I have seen a pair of albino fat tails but they were £200 each!!! :shock: i would prefer normals ones really.iv read into keeping them and they sound pretty much the same as keeping leopard geckos.Has anyone got any,and can you advise me futher at all? :roll:

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
they need higher humidity than leopard geckos, we have one and its pretty much the same as a leo though. we have a boy and were after girls so we could breed them but we couldnt find any either

·
Registered
475 Posts
Yeah they need spraying about once a day. I spray mine in the evening, justa light misting and I make sure their moist hide is very damp all the time. They're shyer than leos but they are tamer too, being a bit slower. Apparently they are more prone to dropping tails than leos, but I've never had a problem with my three.

They have this sense of charm about them. It's their eyes I think. They also like pinkies more than leos do. If you rub one at the side of their mouth, they chomp sideways and eat it. Great for breeding females as long as dipped in nutrobal.

Get some, they're lovely. They grip well with their hands though as they have shorter digits than leos and they're altogether stockier than leos, especially the males. They get huge :lol:

O and they don't seem to like waxies or mealworms (not that I use mealies). So crix only really.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Where abouts are you as I know a breeding pair for sale. They aer too far away for me and want collection so I could PM you their email if you fancy. They are located near Bromley (junction 4 off M25).

If you are interested let me know.

han

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool they sound a great alternitive to leos.i just fancy a change really.i live in the midlands-stoke way so think its going to be a little far for those ones.thanks anyway tho hanhan.let me know if you see any localish.im willing travel say birmingham or manchester for some so round about that distance. :roll:

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats great.ill have a look on their website and see if they have what im looking for.thanks :D

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
reptile centre in northampton have them in quite a bit, usually around £55

1 - 8 of 8 Posts