Reptile Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im really woried now as ive just gotmy gecko out and he has a bulge tipe thing under his shoulders is this fat storage or wat please help
dan

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sorry also he is in shed is it somthing to do with that hes about 2 years old i think
dan

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump!!!! anyone im really woried
dan

·
Registered
376 Posts
Is it near the armpit area?? If it is it's fat storage, mine tend to get like that when i feed them locusts, just keep an eye on him/her, if the lumps get too big they can be bad for their health.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh rite i only feed locust is this a problem i was told it was best and my folks dont like rix so i feed locusts
dan???
have i done this rong then???

·
Registered
21,871 Posts
i didnt actually know locust caused weight gain,my leo eats a good few,well 3rd hoppers not locusts i know waxies are meant to be bad but i think ideally the main food should be crix,i can understand why ppl dont like them tho they are foul but silent browns are just about bearable,until you find the escapees all over the house,i would say my feeding is crix and hoppers alternate days the every 10th day as may waxies as he wants,hes not fat at all so i cant be doing much wrong

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kl chears well next bach ill buy silent browns hows best to keep crix container wise for lack of escapeis??
dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts