Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

hi

i'm currently setting up 2 faunariums for my leos, i have always used vivs so these are new to me, got a couple of questions for you,

i know the heat mat only covers a third of the tub and i should use a mat stat

1) is it 1 mat stat per faunarium?
2) is there someway of connecting 2 heat mats to 1 mat stat to run both faunariums to save on cost?
3) can i use tile or lino as substrate or just use kitchen towel in these?
4) does anyone actually use the seperator piece you get with them for any reason?
5) can crickets get out anywhere?
6) can i ask anymore questions?????? ha ha

feel free to answer the more the merrier, pics would be great of your setups in these. if i dont reply for a while its because i'm upstairs sorting my rep room out as i am re-arranging it around for new arrivals

as always thanks and very much appreciated

·
Registered
461 Posts
3. well, buying lino would be less expensive because you can wash it.
6.yes :)

·
Registered
2,792 Posts

hi

i'm currently setting up 2 faunariums for my leos, i have always used vivs so these are new to me, got a couple of questions for you,

i know the heat mat only covers a third of the tub and i should use a mat stat

1) is it 1 mat stat per faunarium?
2) is there someway of connecting 2 heat mats to 1 mat stat to run both faunariums to save on cost?
3) can i use tile or lino as substrate or just use kitchen towel in these?
4) does anyone actually use the seperator piece you get with them for any reason?
5) can crickets get out anywhere?
6) can i ask anymore questions?????? ha ha

feel free to answer the more the merrier, pics would be great of your setups in these. if i dont reply for a while its because i'm upstairs sorting my rep room out as i am re-arranging it around for new arrivals

as always thanks and very much appreciated
I have 2 of these set up mate at the minute and are great.....anyway answer to your questions
1. No - I use 1 mat-stat for 3 mats.....my mat stat is for a total load of 100watt, each of my matts are only 7 watts each, so as long as the TOTAL watts don't excede your mat stat load your fine :2thumb:
2.YES - just get one of those multi plugs then you just plug this into your stat then plug your mats into the multi-plug....hope that makes sense.
3. YES, I have lino in mine due to crix hiding in the kitchen roll :devil:

Hope this helps pal

cheers :2thumb:

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
i have used these a lot in the past and i use kitchen roll with mine. i dont no if mat stats get be set up with 2 heatmats as i only had one stat per mat. i never used the partition at all in mine and i never had escaped crickets either :)
My leos seemed quite happy living in them

·
Registered
64 Posts
ut ho

well i was just feeding george and droped a fullllllll box or crics and they are every where!!!!! i am useing sand at the moment but looking for repti carpet

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for all your help its much appreciated

cheers :no1:

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
hey

I've posted these pics before so sorry if you've seen them. I change the layout every other time I clean them out, just to give them variety so they don't actually look like that anymore lol but still:

just a few :)

I use kitchen towel as you can see, and really the only question I can elaborate on is the dividor. I did use it when I had two babies in the same one. They didn't get on particularly well so the dividor was used to give them enough space and the heat mat was placed in the middle of the dividor so both sides got the right heat. Other than that, I haven't used the dividor.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
i have the same thing for my leo, yes you will need a stat, i cover a 3rd of it with the mat on the outside and i use kitchen towel. dont know about using one stat on 2 mats sorry: victory:

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
i have two of these in use, with only one mat, i have a 4ft heat strip, so i have that connected to stat, tiles on top then the faunariums, i use kitchen roll as substraight.

as long as the conditions in the tanks are basically the same, you can use more than one mat per stat, as long as you dont go over the wattage of the stat, so if you have a 100watt stat, then no more than 100watts worth of matts can be attached.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts