Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello every one. Well what can I say apart from how many beautiful snakes on here.
I've never kept Hots apart from some really mankey wild cought mangroves that I had too nurse due too serious de-hydration buts thats another story.
What I'm looking for any Info on faux/false Water cobras, (Sorry not sure on the spelling)
I'm mainly looking for info on thier venum, Ie type of venum, potency..
Any info at all would be greatly appreiciated.

Many thanks in advance Deano...

·
Registered
20,205 Posts
Firstly they arent dwa but they can inflict a bit of damage if chewed on for along time, like mangroves they are rear fanged so even if the venom potency was high they would have to hang on chewing on you for a while.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
They can grow big.......up to about 9'. Aside from the venom, they can do a lot of mechanical damage with their teeth and they have a reputation for being quite keen to use them:lol2: That said, mine is reasonably even tempered.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Fwc

They've got long sharp teeth alright and their rear fangs are further forward anatomically than most other species in this category, evidently.

A bite will definately hurt but if anyones got a Retic, Burm, Boa or other good sized python a bite is still painful. CHOOSE a "well tamed" FWC from a store or reputable breeder and follow your instincts when handling it.

I always use a hook (they generally dont like a gloved hand zooming into its viv), and pay attention if it hoods up...let it pass and calm down. You ever been picked up by a giant?

Never allow a biting opportunity to the face, now matter how tame. Although I actually think ours somehow "recognises" us, :lol2:

All this said ours is absolutely one of the most delightful creatures on Gods earth.

·
Registered
422 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Don't know much about these snakes but lik said before i know there not dwa snakes, my exotic teacher has one and its huge lol Really nice looking snakes, but his one is savage lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts