Reptile Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Yes, so if we can get something from the council denying any involvement in the cancellation, that can then be presented well in advance to other councils in who's boroughs shows are planned, so they know what to expect from the APA then they hopefully won't just take their claims at face value.
Agreed, have you tried contacted them ?

·
Premium Member
13,849 Posts
Agreed, have you tried contacted them ?
I haven't, I thought it might be better if someone local, or one of the show organisers did that as the council will see it as a local issue.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Some one should get their collection on the national news and make everyone see how safe reptiles are - encourage others to want some themselves and not be afraid

·
Registered
27,819 Posts
Exactly, so if the cancellation wasn't anything to do with the council that should be easy enough to verify with a phone call. Then if the show wasn't cancelled by the council who did cancel it and why? Answer, the organisers because they received death threats, presumably from the APA as it is they who are claiming responsibility for the cancellation.
I can't believe that anyone organising a show would not go to the local council before organising it to ensure that they are not going to ban it.

We know what the A.P.A. are going to do because they, or Animal aid, or whoever is in fashion at the time, have been doing the same thing every year for at least the last 15 years. For as long as I have been in this hobby I seriously do not remember one year when there has not been an attempt to get the councils to ban a show.

Are we seriously expected to believe that show organisers have not noticed this trend and come up with the idea of clearing it with the council before organising the show and alerting them to what the APA are going to claim and proving it untrue before the APA even get there ?

If the council say "Well, if the APA arrive we will ban your show or prohibit the sale of animals" then organise it in a town where the Council say "Well, we consider your show to be legal and will not ban it."

·
Registered
482 Posts
I think we should all be alarmed by this. This organisation is spreading lies about our hobby and they are doing so in a convincing way. I think we, as a community, should think very carefully about how we combat this progaganda before our hobbys is wiped out completely.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Practical Reptile Keeping Magazine ; July 2012 issue.

Good piece of editorial coverage about the APA/lush campaign last year. The heavy and totally justified critisim handed out by the Advertising Standards agency about the numerous inaccuracies (lies) presented in that scurrilous campaign shows the lengths the APA seem to go to, in order to try and discredit the hobby of Herp keeping.
Local authority officers, MP's and MEP's need to be apprised of the deceitful nature of the APA, and their rather vocal officials.

·
Registered
11,355 Posts
Do you donate to the FBH? Does any of the keyboard warriors on here become members of these societies? Unless people are prepared to put their money where their mouth is, then all we will be able to continue doing is having a rant on a forum occassionally. Legal representation costs money! Lets hope people like Chris Newman keep the health and strength of will, as well as the cahoona's to keep on battling these pillocks, because I don't actually see that many of us doing a lot more than rant, let alone put our hands in our pockets to support the hobby we love.

Just a thought....:whistling2:
You cannot join the FBH as an individual member - it is an odd group because it has no actual membership. Herp groups are affiliated to the FBH. I am not aware that you would be able to donate to the FBH either. It would need to be registered as a charity in order to ask for this.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.