Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got two baby corn snakes from a friend. My problem is that the frozen pinkies from my friend was almost consumed and I cant find any petstore that sells pinkies in our place. I've been in 13 petstores but they only offer frozen hopper and adult mice. What alternative food should I give them? I'm thinking if I can chop the mice in smaller pieces but I'm afraid that my babies cant digest the bones because its bigger and harder than the bones of pinkies. What is the best alternative foods can I give them?

·
Registered
10,244 Posts
How old are the corns? Generally they are a seasonal breeder, it's the wrong time of year for newly hatched corns

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
I got two baby corn snakes from a friend. My problem is that the frozen pinkies from my friend was almost consumed and I cant find any petstore that sells pinkies in our place. I've been in 13 petstores but they only offer frozen hopper and adult mice. What alternative food should I give them? I'm thinking if I can chop the mice in smaller pieces but I'm afraid that my babies cant digest the bones because its bigger and harder than the bones of pinkies. What is the best alternative foods can I give them?
This being a UK based forum makes it difficult to give links to online suppliers in your country... logical answer would be to ask you "friend" where they got the pinkies from and then order for that same supplier

·
Registered
67 Posts
Have you looked online to see if you can get some delivered? How old are the snakes and how big are they? Rat pups maybe an option. Chopping mice isn't a good idea, it could cause feeding problems and they may well refuse them.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Worst case scenario get a pair of live mice and breed them. They can have between 5 and 15 litters a year and gestation is only 21 days and they got litters of anything between 3 and 15 pups ....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts