Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey there everyone

I am a new owner to a 1 and a hlf year old beaded dragon.im confused because the person that had him before said i had to feed him everyday with live food and salad.but then friends who have had there beaded dragons tell me i should feed him salad everyday and only feed him live food once a week.atm im feeding him winged locus he has about 3 tubs every 3 days im not sure if this is right.can anyone help me please????

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
you want to be feeding him crickets and salad i would do 1 tub of crickets every 4 or 5 days check out the care sheets for bearded dragons.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you want to be feeding him crickets and salad i would do 1 tub of crickets every 4 or 5 days check out the care sheets for bearded dragons.
hey
thank you for the advise do i have to feed him crickets or could i stick to the locus????? ile start feeding him every 5 days then and give him salad every day:2thumb:

·
Registered
7,900 Posts
well locusts or crixs some people prefer locusts and an older beardie finds them much easier to catch BUT large winged Locusts are far to big never feed a lizard anything bigger than the gap between there eyes. I feed mine 2-3 locusts a day and fresh veg everyday normally put a fresh lot in morning and evening

·
Registered
863 Posts
personally, let him eat what he wants.

i would feed large locusts (not adults), couple every day, mixed with plenty of veg/salad.

like i said, this is personaly. not everyone will agree

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks everyone for all the tips.the only thing is ive fed him adults locusts sinceive got him.we have had him for 6 months and i took him to reptile plus and they said he would be fine.he eats them now with out any prob well at the moment i put 3 tubs in there every couple of days well until they have gone which have about 7 locusts in them each.dont really like feeding him crickets because they sing :lol2:.but i want to do whats best for him so am i doing the right thing???????

·
Registered
863 Posts
there isnt really any difference in locust/crix

crix are cheaper, but they smell, escape, make noise etc

locust are more expensive, but as long as you feed them first, they are just as good as any other

Sean

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
there isnt really any difference in locust/crix

crix are cheaper, but they smell, escape, make noise etc

locust are more expensive, but as long as you feed them first, they are just as good as any other

Sean
thanks for that i think i'll stick to the locust then. the only other question that i have is that i brought sum mealmorms the other day and i forgot about them.they are now they have turned in to bugs can i feed them to my lizard.some people have said yes other say no so im a little lost there too??. sorry for all the questions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts