Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow is the first feed of my cornsnake, and this might seem like a pretty dumb question... but... Lots of people are saying not to hold cornsnakes after they've just fed and i was wondering how to put the snake back in its viv (from the feeding tub) without regurgitation?
Is there a certain way of picking it up?

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
100 Posts
When people say not to handle a snake after it's been fed, they mean extended handling i.e playing with for want of a better word. It's perfectly ok to gently lift a snake back into it's viv after feeding!

As suggested though if it's a hatchling then some people prefer to just put the feeding container into the viv and allow the snake to crawl out of it's own accord.

Either way is fine.
Hope that helps.
Best wishes,

·
Registered
573 Posts
You can pick them up gently to put them back in their viv. Make sure you use two hands to hold the snake, one near his head, and the other a bit further down from where the food is in the stomach.

on a second note, leave him in the box for about 10 minutes after feeding, before you attempt to pick it up. Just incase its still in feeding mode and mistakes one of your fingers as a nice juicy pinkie. My classic is very alert after feeding, and goes for anything that moves :mf_dribble:

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
If its a hatchling you could keep it on kitchen towel and just put pinkie in its tub then theres no need to pick it up.
Only a suggestion though.
Dawn

·
Registered
6,777 Posts
if your brave, you could feed him on your hand lol - its soooooooo cool and i can EASILY put them back in tub then
obviously not worth it if you think you might flinch and maybe scare/drop him

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I place mine into a tub or bucket, feed, and then put the bucket on it's side, and slide the snake down to the edge slowly over the tub, but on the roof of one of the snakes hides, and let the snake find it's own way back into its own tub.

Easy as pie!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts