Reptile Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon All!!

Just a quick question, I have been looking around and seen that a few of you have fed Pinkies to your babies, I want to try Obi on one to try and get him to put on some weight after he has been poorly but I dont know how!!

Do i just defrost the same way as I do for the snake and offer if to him? I was thinking of putting it in with his bowl of cric's but im guessing the crickets will try to make a meal out of it instead?

Any tips would be grand, Im going to the shops now to buy them, They are pretty cool down there so gonna ask them to get the smallest one they can find lol.

Are they hard to diguest? How often can he have them to get his weight up??

Thanks guys and Girls

Bexx

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
Yes i defrost in the same way as a snake and then i drag it along the floor of the viv with its tail. Im not sure this would be a good idea if your using sand as substrate but you could try just dangling it in the air and jiggling it about if you are. Thats unless your beardie eats still food then I would just put it in a dish.

·
Registered
17,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers he quick reply!! Im using paper towel at the moment.Hate the look of it but makes me worry a lot less!

He is a bit of a lazy bugger so maybe he will just eat it out of a dish, Ill have to take Matilda out as the vet said she is overweight :( lol

thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts