·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently I have three slings;

A white knee at 1cm
A euathlus sp red at around 0.75cm
And a curly hair sling around 2cm

I was wondering what would be best (in your opinion) to feed them? At the moment they are all getting cut up mealworms.

I was also wondering how long do slings normally need for at a time? As my curly hair finishes his meal overnight, where as the euathlus sp red can be sitting sucking his mealworms for a good 24 hours! Is this normal? Haha.

·
Premium Member
9,692 Posts
With tarantula, everything is slow :)

mealworms are a great source of protein but they are also fattening. You need to provide a bit more of a balance in the diet. The good thing is mealworms last for ages - often put a weetabix in with them.
I'd personally suggests some crickets or roach approx the size of the abdomen.
Make sure you don't overfeed. 1 cricket per week is fine, perhaps a little more as slings.
And make sure you provide a water source, even a little water sprayed up against the side will do.

Reactions: PinklySmooth

·
Registered
112 Posts
I feed my slings pre kill small crickets, occasional cut up mealworm, just crush their head and drop them in, if they haven't started eating them in 24 hours then remove them as they can mold :)

And as the poster above said, make sure to provide moisture in some way, slings are prone to drying out :)

Edit: forgot to add that yes, mine take their time eating too, I've seen one of my smaller slings drag a prekill cricket double it size into its burrow and sat there for ages munching :p (never feed oversize prey to them live as it can injure them, i also removed any uneaten food)

·
Registered
439 Posts
With my slings I feed tem once week either small crickets and I also chop up locusts or crickets or mealworms. I also use a syringe to put a few drops of water in there as you don't want he substrate to wet and if you spray the t it can annoy them

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All slings get regularly misted to provide water, I will start cutting up locusts or crickets to vary their diet so they can get everything they need to grow well :2thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.