Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
I was just wondering if there is any way you can sort of replace ants of Thorny Devil's diet by anything else...?
Firstly you would have to find the Thorny Devil... I am not aware of any outside Australia, which has a ban on exports of its native wildlife. Horned Lizards (Phrynosoma) are much easier to get hold of.

There are formic acid supplements on the market (like Repashy Formic Cal) but there have been some very sketchy reports about it and it is too soon to know if it actually is efficacious... I know keepers of Draco, Uracentron and Phrynosoma that haven't passed verdict yet. Seems that kind of product is too new to really know for sure.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha

I knewwwwww someone would post about my other lizards :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

It would have its own 45 gallons viv! :p

By the way the beardie is getting better, I think he just really needed a lot of rest. I got him a cave and he never goes in there, weird :l

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That isn't a Thorny Devil, That is a Desert Horned Lizard (Phrynosoma platyrhinos)
Ahhhh...I just thought thorny devils wore both names. If you look for any of them in google images, you'll also see few images of the other one.

Then I guess I'll just get a scorpion :'(

One day I'll have a Thorny Devil.... :'''(

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Ahhhh...I just thought thorny devils wore both names. If you look for any of them in google images, you'll also see few images of the other one.

Then I guess I'll just get a scorpion :'(

One day I'll have a Thorny Devil.... :'''(
For the sake of the animal, I hope not. I dont say this to be mean, but rather to be blatant in the hopes that you might change your present situation. You seem unwilling to provide the proper care for the simplest of lizards, so taking on one of the hardest to care for in captivity seems like a poor choice.

These are living creatures that deserve our utmost care and respect. They are not throw away toys to be neglected when they are no longer new and exciting. They have no choices on their care, but unfortunately have to rely completely on us as keepers to make sure that they have their needs met. Please, instead of looking at other animals to purchase, look more closely into the care you can provide for the animals you already have. There is so much to research and learn about each species. If you set your mind to it, you will never get bored of learning about them, nor will you ever run out of things to learn. Right now, the animals you have require better care than you are giving them, and getting more animals just means more animals will not be receiving the care they need. Please consider using that extra enclosure you have to separate the animals you have into more appropriate habitats. We would be more than happy to help you set it up in a healthy, productive way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.