Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:welcome1:

W have a 4ft royal python & not 100% sure what he should be eating, we got him on the 21/8/10 he ate on the 22/8/10 again on the 28/8/10 and again today (4/9/10) His first feed was a normal large mouse and his second was a jumbo muse and same today but he doesnt seem to have to strech his neck or anything he kinda just swollows them like smarties :lol2: .... What do you feed your 4ft snakes :?:

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have a two year old royal that is around four feet long and I feed her a small weaner rat every 10 days (it used to be every 7 but she's a bit overweight for my liking). She probably could handle bigger but she's fine for now.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a two year old royal that is around four feet long and I feed her a small weaner rat every 10 days (it used to be every 7 but she's a bit overweight for my liking). She probably could handle bigger but she's fine for now.
Ok rats it is :2thumb: Thank you

·
Registered
8,687 Posts
Personaly i would say about one &half times the thickest part of the snake for prey size if not twice.At 4ft presuming its not under wieght i would try at least a small rat

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Personaly i would say about one &half times the thickest part of the snake for prey size if not twice.At 4ft presuming its not under wieght i would try at least a small rat

Thank you :no1: No hes not underweight ust bery greedy people keep saying we should be happy cause most royals dont eat that well lol

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
I feed my royals rats, I usually give medium rats but tend to judge the size by: the rats 'thickness' is equal or less than the thickness of the snake, and I also feed about every 10 days : victory:

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
id say a medium rat every 7-10 days, depends weather you like your snakes "plump" or "lean" : victory:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts